Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for seven years in a row. Tilson is looking for a motivated and passionate professional to lead a team of OSP Engineers and Technicians on projects nationwide. The candidate should have technical experience in outside plant design working collaboratively with other departments to achieve success. Candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of proven experience with OSP underground and aerial telecommunication engineering. We are looking for someone who wants an exciting opportunity to become a key player as we continue to experience exponential growth.
- Oversee the utilization, production, process and tools of the OSP engineers and technicians.
- Provide a point of technical escalation internally and externally.
- Work with the Project Managers to staff engineering programs appropriately. Work with HR to conduct interviews and hiring, performance reviews.
- Work on continuous improvement for processes including quality control, field engineering, detailed design, and other workflow improvements.
- Ensure engineers understand the scope, design requirements, budget and schedule requirements of each project. Provide feedback to the project manager of scope changes or impacts to schedule and production.
- Provide technical training on best practices for OSP engineering and design. Provide recommendations on professional education for OSP engineers.
- Provide training on Tilson engineering tools and processes. Track and maintain inventory of assigned equipment.
- Ability to perform low level fiber engineering using 3-GIS platform, approximately 50+% of the time.
- Assist with project estimates, budgeting and proposals as needed.
- Work with other departments to ensure make ready management, permitting and fielding meet OSP design criteria.
- Review permit and construction drawings for engineering integrity.
- Maintain orderly records and project documents
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of outside plant engineering and construction
- Knowledge of NESC code, GO95 and JPA as it relates to telecommunications rules & regulations
- Experience engineering in a GIS based program
- Ability review as-built plans and test results
- Familiarity with GPON engineering
- Desktop and field quality control to support final client deliverable
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet project deadlines
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid driver’s license