Outside Mechanical Sales Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Real Estate & Construction
With over a century in business, our client, has become the leading manufacturer of pipe products; serving the plumbing, industrial, fire protection, oil/gas industries, internationally. Naviga has been retained to help identify a Sales Engineer to join their team.
Title: Outside Mechanical Sales Engineer
Location: St. Louis, MO.
Key Notes/Company Details:
* Over 150 years in business with forward thinking, high-growth goals
* Loyal industry and established customer base
* Great company culture, collaborative, team players and strong leadership
* Work from home/virtual opportunity
* Manage and grow sales in assigned territory
* Call on product users to promote new and existing product lines and develop favorable specification position
* Provide complete service to established distributor network including: quotations, product training, technical and literary support, product complaint, inventory maintenance, and delivery issues.
* Perform product training for end users and distributors to promote advantages of products and enhance specification position.
* Develop cooperative relationships with key distributors and end user personnel to enhance product demand.
* Establish sales goals and specification objectives to meet company sales budget.
* Identify significant bid opportunities and provide complete project information, including price strategy.
* Provide after sale service support, including warranty and claims management.
* Actively participate in trade organizations to promote products.
* Continuously update database for territory.
* Provide Corporate Sales office with monthly sales forecast and market overview.
* A minimum of five years of mechanical sales experience; managing distribution channels
* Ability to cover large geographical sales territory by car and/or airplane.
* Intermediate computer experience with particular proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs.
* Valid driver's license with no major violations.
* Sales experience in piping and plumbing
* College Degree is strongly preferred
* Mechanical Aptitude
* High level of outgoing interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
* Strong analytical skills
* Must demonstrate good judgment, decision making, and ability to plan and accomplish required goals
Robust Benefits Including:
* Company vehicle
* Gas reimbursement
* Medical, dental and vision plans
* Life Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* 401k plan plus company match
* Tuition reimbursement
* 3 Weeks PTO