The OP Lead is responsible for the development, management, and operation of outpatient rehabilitation services. These functions include marketing, strategic planning, program development, staffing, budget development and monitoring, program evaluation, quality assurance, and risk management of the outpatient rehabilitation clinic. The OP Program Director is responsible for a defined percentage of marketing and patient care on a regular basis. The percentage of each will be defined by the corporate staff, based on the clinical and business need. This position reports directly to the Director of Rehabilitation with a dotted line reporting to the Corporate Director of Rehab Services and the DSI for assigned hospital.
Post Acute Medical is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 25 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation facilities currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more. Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
- Establishes a quarterly marketing planin conjunction with the DOR and DSI and meets monthly referral and volume goals set by that plan.
- Maintains contacts in the local/regional stroke, brain injury/spinal cord injury rehabilitation community and identifies community needs.
- Maintains professional memberships and continuing education as required by licensure and certification.
- Identifies business opportunities and completes proformas/feasibility studies to implement new programs
- Works with external case managers to promote use of PAM OP products and services.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of the community injury prevention programs
- Provides or arranges for sufficient and appropriate training for assigned staff.
- Provides day-to-day management of outpatient services, including patient and personnel scheduling and implementation of hospital and program policies and procedures in, coordination with hospital administration.
- Helps develop the program budget, monitors budget performance, and ensures effective cost control in conjunction with hospital financial management and DOR.
- Ensures compliance with standards, rules and regulations of accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Provides direct therapy to patients in absence of therapist or when workload exceeds core staffing limits. Maintains competencies necessary to treat patients in age groups noted above.
- Works with other DOR/ OP Leads to streamline programs across PAM OP clinics and shares best practices.
- Participates in implementation of appropriate and effective quality assurance, program evaluation and risk management programs in coordination with the other Program Directors.
- Implements the Post Acute Medical (PAM) philosophy of rehabilitation in all aspects of program operation.
- Ensures program functions are coordinated with the hospital administrator, medical director and department managers/directors; provides reports as required.
- Licensed PT, OT, or SLP; Master’s degreepreferred
- A minimum of five years of experience in outpatient rehabilitation; management experiencepreferred