Description: Responsible for physical therapy management of patients under the direction and supervision of the Physical Therapy Supervisor.
- Tests and evaluates the extent of a patient's disability to ensure proper treatment using various tests and procedures.
- Plans therapy program, establishes treatment goals; and administers treatment to restore body functions, strength, relieve pain, and prevent disability through the use of various therapeutic techniques and procedures. This includes patients in establishing goals and obtains patient's informed consent as necessary.
- Provides patients and family members with treatment plan and instructions for home exercise programs and pain relief techniques.
- Upgrades treatment plan and goals as patient progresses.
- Regularly assesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patient towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of physical therapy management and patient management.
- Maintains appropriate medical records, documentation for each patient including evaluation, treatment and progress.
- Consults with medical providers regarding patient evaluation and treatment, progress of the patient, and discharge from treatment. Reviews patient records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions, and contraindications.
- Maintains compliance with documentation standards of department and regulatory agencies.
- Establishes safe work environment.
- Maintains clinical competency and ethical standards as outlined in the guidelines of the APTA.
- Maintains departmental supplies, equipment, and apparatus in clean, safe and functional condition.
- Directs and instructs support personnel in performance of more routine procedures as requested.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with the public patients and other personnel.
- Provides triage Physical Therapy services by providing advice and care either by means of phone triage and/or 1st Contact PT.
- Provides input and/or assistance to Senior Physical Therapist and Physical Therapy Supervisor in the development of new classes, services, member and provider education, development of handouts, and other related services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Looking for a therapist to join our high functioning team. Candidate should be self motivated, be able to multitask, work well with others and have excellent customer service skills. Candidates with experience or interest in women-s health, sports certification, stroke certification, lymphedema or vestibular certification a plus.
We offer competitive pay and a benefit package that is unbeatable (21 days of PTO, 3K/year for continuing education and more) apply to find out more details.
- Minimum one (1) year of full time practice as a licensed Physical Therapist in a clinical setting required.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum for a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree with certification in physical therapy or a foreign-trained equivalent required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure to practice physical therapy by the State of Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia required.
- BLS certification required.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Enrollment in PECOS within 30 days of assignment to position required.
Job Number: 655560