At Pacira Pharmaceuticals, controlling postsurgical pain is the key to improving patient outcomes. Our in-depth knowledge of the needs of the postsurgical pain market, coupled with our passion for delivering improved patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results. Pacira Pharmaceuticals currently has an opening for an Outpatient Account Manager.
The Outpatient Account Manager is responsible for the positioning and selling of EXPAREL® and Pacira solutions to three direct customers, Plastics Offices, OMFS Offices and Ambulatory Surgical Centers. This includes thepharmacological & technical (Package Insert & functions, benefits) knowledge and sales of EXPAREL value proposition. The OAM will work with Regional Director to develop a sound business plan that will lead to exceeding defined sales revenues for said territory. The OAM will utilize product knowledge, relevant relationships, and business acumen skills and execute strategy to meet and exceed sales objectives of our flagship product EXPAREL®.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
· Identify target markets in accordance with organizational strategy utilizing familiarity with these customer operations and existing reporting, tools and dashboards.
· Ensure that corporate revenue objectives are exceeded within a specified geography
· Work with surgeons ,anesthesiologists, health care providers and pharmacy; focused on pain management to ensure that EXPAREL® is adopted within an account and geography
· Educate reimbursement strategies that adhere to Pacira guidelines from compliance
· Establish Retail Account Manager as the Pacira Lead within all accounts for MA, NASA, Hova and Exec
· Actively recruit customers to incorporate Surgeon Selector into their practice
· Deploy Challenger Model Skills
o Change SOP
o ID Change agent
o Map the change process
o ID the 6.8 decision makers
o Create Momentum
o Communicate Value
o Make a powerful request
o Incorporate EXPAREL as a unique solution
· Utilize VEEVA to demonstrate proficiency in Account planning, forecasting, data analysis
· Develop and maintain expertise of EXPAREL®
· Work cross functionally with J & J counterparts to deliver customer adoption and proper utilization of EXPAREL
· Effective time management skills to increase sales productivity and tactical implementation of sales activities to achieve business objectives and establish long-term value proposition of EXPAREL®.
· Actively participate with Region Director in the strategic and tactical planning process
· Update and document sales account information via software system (VEEVA)
· Demonstrate expertise and knowledge of the conversion process within an account
· Develop and execute sales and retention strategies for target markets and customers
· Develop and execute value proposition strategies, engaging the C-Suite (ASC customers), and ensuring long-term access of EXPAREL®
· Complete face-to-face sales meetings with physicians, schedulers, practice managers, and medical staff in accounts to ensure understanding, as well as to close business, ensuring that obstacles are identified and minimized.
· Effectively manage territory, conducting office visits to include: Education on services offered, enhancement and new advances.
· Communicating opportunities, market trends, and issues to appropriate management/staff in a timely manner Prepare and present opportunities, market trends, and challenges to appropriate leadership/staff in a timely manner and on a regular basis, gaining support and commitment as needed.
· Manage expense budgets in a timely manner
· Keeping up to date with latest clinical data supplied by the company and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health care professionals during presentations.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university required.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of direct selling experience to ASC's and healthcare professional offices in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device or health care industry.
· Excellent written and oral English communication skills,
· Strong demonstrated presentation skills.
· Must be able to timely and accurately complete Hospital Credentialing requirements to gain access to their facilities
· Able to travel extensively; valid driver's license in the state in which you reside; reliable transportation.
· Must live in your designated geographic territory.
· Knowledge of key industry business drivers, emerging medical trends, and performance metrics, and ability to leverage that knowledge to inform strategy.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, collaborative, and analytical skills with a customer focus; must be able to foster and maintain sound working relationships.
· Independently motivated and driven to achieve high goals and seek continuous improvement in knowledge and skills.
· Competencies for sales efficiency and effectiveness; discipline in goal setting, prospecting, networking, territory management, and time management. Skills in account management, needs assessment, value propositioning, handling objections and gaining agreement.
· Skills to employ technologies effectively and proficiency (MS office suite, relevant mobile technology and web-based applications.)
· Demonstrated successful working relationships with surgeons, anesthesiologists and Hospital Pharmacy in the territory
· Overnight travel will be required, ability to cover geographic territory; including corporate meetings. Able to travel overnight and locally up to 90% of the time.