Outdoor DAS Implementation Manager ( oDAS, Small Cell, Fiber )
Our client is a leading provider of DAS network design in North America. Their scalable distributed network solutions are designed to meet network capacity demand in indoor/outdoor settings. They are hiring an Outdoor DAS Implementation Manager to manage DAS and small cell projects in the Northeast region.
The Outdoor DAS Implementation Manager will oversee engineering and operational activities related to large outdoor DAS implementation projects in urban areas. They will oversee project planning, budgeting, risk management, and execution strategy.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus performance bonuses and comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare and life insurance options, 401(K) company match, and other perks.
- Internal resource teams of 20+ direct reports.
- Visibility and direct access to VP-level and C-level management.
- Over $1 billion dollars reserved for operational expansion and capital expenditures.
- Opportunity to manage complex technical wireless projects within top markets using world-class emerging technology and techniques.
- High degree of technical freedom and control over project delivery.
- Highly experienced senior management with heavy experience within telecommunications, wireless, and wireline industries.
- Control over large array of internal/external DAS deployment resources.
- Deployment rights in three-quarters of all US states, including areas of highest growth and densification programs.
- For all DAS design and deployment projects, define scope and goals, set budget, track milestones, assign team priorities, and report regularly to executive management.
- Manage operational teams across large geographic service areas for the fiber deployments and DAS networkconstruction.
- Oversee high-level operations of utilities providers, contracting teams, and design engineering team.
- Manage project escalations and draft action plans to address issues.
- Identify risks and implement effective risk mitigation strategies, including forecasting of budget and schedule changes.
- Facilitate communication with vendors, internal teams, executive management, end customers, and contracting teams.
- Act as SME to internal groups for resource allocation and deployment strategy.
- 5+ years of experience delivering complex technical projects related to DAS implementations.
- Extensive engineering background, with a focus on telecommunications, wireless, or wireline/fiber.
- Strong skills in negotiation, problem-solving, and communicating effectively with cross-functional teams, executive management, vendors, and contracting teams.
- Deep technical expertise with relevant technologies:
- OEM DAS equipment, especially oDAS
- Small cells
- Wireless backhaul
- OEM certifications are a strong plus.
- Up to date with markets and industry trends, including government regulation, construction, ROW, and application within complex urban areas.
- Proficient in project management software such as Microsoft Visio.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related technical field.