Manage the day-to-day operations of one or more operations departments. Under the direction of the General Manager, assists in hiring, training, supervising and evaluating warehouse employees.
- Ensure adequate coverage of operational activities at all times through scheduling.
- Experience with inventory management principals and terminology.
- The successful candidate will have a high sense of urgency and customer service; demonstrate ability to make sound decisions, and deal proactively with work related problems; be honest and dutiful.
- Supervise fulfillment operations in a manner that provides maximum efficiency, accuracy and profitability.
- Develop on-going process improvements for and supervise department functions to ensure efficient operations.
- Ensure all supply levels are maintained/ adjusted according to business demands/volumes.
- Support staffing and performance managing of exempt and non-exempt employees in a timely manner.
- Manage inventory in a secure environment.
- Formally develop Supervisors, Managers, and Team Leads.
- Train, teach, cross-train, and coach department employees.
- Manage/Maintain department annual budgetary numbers, and monitor budgets weekly.
- Report on productivity, quality, safety, and performance metrics; and provide necessary action plans to address gaps and opportunities.
- Drive efficiency, safety, productivity, and quality; lead effective daily, weekly, and monthly planning efforts and operational execution.
- Oversee a clean and safe working environment.
- Proactive problem solving ability.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired
- Bi-lingual preferred - Spanish / English
- 3-5 years warehousing/distributionexperience, preferably with pick, pack, and ship operations in a larger warehouse/distribution facility in a high-SKU manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 4 years management experiencerequired, warehouse/fulfillment experience a plus
- Strong computer skills
- 3+ years Inventory control experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Sports knowledge is a plus.