Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM)
systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.About Dexcom:
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.Position Summary:
The Distribution Manager will support the operation by ensuring that materials are received and shipped in a timely manner and in compliance with quality/regulatory standards. This position will also work to improve current processes, eliminate redundancies, improve material flow (inbound/outbound), productivity, quality, and safety across both shifts.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager of Warehousing and Logistics and works cross functionally to ensure distribution operations are supportive of manufacturing and order fulfillment.
Manager will drive best practices and a high performing culture that's aligned to the Global Logistics Strategy and the growth of the Company.Functional Description
Coordinates the efficient movement of materials. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Manages contractual relationships with Freight Carriers, 3 PLs and other suppliers. Interfaces with the greater supply chain and commercial functions to assure service levels and cost goals are met.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of distribution, which includes inbound receipts and outbound shipments.
- Ensure daily targets are met including receiving turnaround time, on-time delivery, accuracy and productivity. Perform root cause analysis and develop corrective action plans on target misses and to continuously drive for improvements in performance.
- Drive best practices in terms of receiving, shipping, and inventory management; standardize these practices through the documentation of work instructions.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams of stakeholders and business partners to create efficiencies in the overall operation; continuously strive for a better way of conducting day to day operations.
- Develop a culture of high performance and high engagement through site activities, training, couching, individual development.
- Propose and implement process improvements to streamline the operation, reduce costs, and/or increase productivity while ensuring quality, safety, and regulatory compliance is met.
- Conduct detailed investigations, including 5-why, fishbone, or DMAIC to support the documentation of quality gaps and/or process improvements through the CAPA process.
- Drive Logistics Excellence initiatives to meet business objectives on time and within budget
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management or related field highly preferred with 8-12 years of industry experience
- 2-5 years plus of previous management or lead experience .
- 4+ years' of ERP system experience is required
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience in developing detailed process work instructions
- Experience in developing and reporting warehouse metrics (productivity, financial, safety)
- Ability to rotate shift assignment regarding, day, night and weekend supervisor coverage as deemed necessary by senior management
- APICS or related certification
- Experience in cGMP environments, and working knowledge of regulations and auditing bodies, e.g. ISO, FDA, HIPPA, OSHA, Hazardous Materials, C-TPAT, and DOT/IATA
- Oracle experience
- Experience with various supply chain software/systems including Hi Jump, FedEx ship Manager, TMS, LMS, and/or dock scheduling systems
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma/5S
- Project Management Experience
- Knowledge and awareness spans all aspects of the specific functional area.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and knowledge of company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Develops a proficiency of the company's business / market in order to inform decisions.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to team members / supporting employees using established company policies.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.Please note:
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.