- Manages and directs a team outside of the traditional branch environment to achieve business results. May have direct sales and client responsibilities.
- Leads and coordinates the daily activities of team members engaged in customer and/or prospect management activities. Achieves business results, attracts new customers through development of effective sales strategies and/or grows existing customer relationships by coaching and managing to defined strategies and tactics.
- Manages risk/return and drives quality for new and/or existing clients. Actively identifies and mitigates different types of risk, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit risks.
- Manages a network of senior internal and external partnerships, such as community or industry relationships, to actively acquire new clients. Focuses on bringing PNC's products and services to the client through a varied set of event types. Leverages reporting and sales tools to proactively identify and successfully convert promotional sales opportunities.
- Motivates and develops staff, acquires top talent and manages performance-based issues. Effectively plans, organizes, directs, analyzes and evaluates staff and processes.
- Selling at non-PNC locations requires reliable transportation and ability to lift and carry as follows: - Transportation: Associates must have access to reliable transportation (in most locations, use of public transportation or ride sharing services is not sufficient) to perform the following requirements: -Travel on average to 2 4 activation/on-sites sites per day with promotional materials (see below). Daily travel distance can exceed 50 miles but will be limited to a defined geographic sales area. -Work locations and times are generally set in advance, however, are subject to change at any time. -Associates work at the activation/on-sites sites without other PNC employees at least 30- of the time. - Lifting and Carrying: -Associates are required to lift, carry and transport items that weigh up to 25 pounds each. -Items to be lifted, carried and transported include up to three large boxes of marketing materials, collateral, and other similar items as required.
Builds Winning Teams - Working Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Working Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Working Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Sales Management - Working Experience
- Develops sales strategies that incorporate client segments, market opportunities, competitive forces and sales force effectiveness. Identifies priorities and ensures sales teams execute against plans that focus on deepening client relationships, elevating market share and increasing share of wallet. Drives sales teams to build a strong pipeline of prospects and clients.
Tech Savvy - Working Experience
- Advise, educate and engage clients on a variety of technological tools and resources allowing them to explore solutions to achieve their goals and financial well being.
Customer Experience Management. - Working Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Working Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Conflict Management - Working Experience
- Understanding of how to anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Sales Negotiating - Working Experience
- Applies successful financial sale solutions to negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with customers in a constructive and collaborative manner. Negotiate structures and closes customer sales.
Selling. - Working Experience
- Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically do not require a university / college degree, but do require related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically 5+ years of related experience, and at least 2 years of previous supervisory experience is required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.