Are you ready to make your mark? If you’re an Operations Technology (OT) Security Engineer, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
The primary focus of the Operations Technology (OT) Security Engineer is to support and implement the goals of our OT security program. You must have a solid understanding of IT and OT network communication protocols (including TCP/IP, UDP. DNP3, Modbus, IEC 61850, OPC, OPC UA, and PROFINET), experience implementing the Purdue model reference architecture, and the ability to perform packet analysis. In addition, you will also possess an understanding of application, perimeter, and zone-based firewall solutions. Experience supporting products such as CheckPoint, Cisco ASA, PaloAlto, or F5 is a definite plus. Good communication and interpersonal skills are also of utmost importance.
What you will be doing
- Serve as liaison between Manufacturing site team members and IT Global Security and Compliance team.
- Develop cybersecurity technology implementation strategies for OT environments with clear understanding of the differences between IT and OT (e.g. Anti-virus on HMIs, application whitelisting, network isolation strategies, etc.).
- Develop OT cybersecurity reference architectures, standards, and guidelines for ICS systems and networks.
- Develop risk mitigation plans, recommend solutions, and provide expertise to assure more resiliency for OT networked environments, assets, and sites.
- Establish OT cybersecurity operations, maintenance, and monitoring of networked environments.
- Demonstrate knowledge and/or proven record of success in security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, endpoint security solutions, access control systems, and other related security technologies within ICS environments.
- Develop OT cybersecurity training and awareness program.
- Understanding of ICS design considerations with emphasis on human safety and the availability/security of operating environment.
- Collaborate with peers across the information security organization to identify new innovations, capabilities, and solutions that improve the security posture of the OT environment.
- Understanding of infrastructure and network architecture and design, LAN/WAN implementation, and Windows/Linux environments.
- Participate in risk management activities to ensure proper risk levels are achieved.
- Ensure security compliance with regulations and contractual obligations.
- Performs hardware and software security risk assessments
- Partner with technical and business teams to design, implement, monitor, and maintain security controls.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of IT/OT security-related policies and procedures
- Act as a resource to other IT departments and Woodward members seeking security-related advice and/or information
- Participate in external/internal penetration testing, including the remediation and follow-up action plans
- Lead and assist in IT security incident management activities
- Performs daily cadence of monitoring, reacting, and triaging malicious events
- Identify security vulnerabilities and threat vectors, and identify/monitor/manage solution implementation
- Coordinates security patch management, vulnerability scans, reporting and remediation follow-up with system owners
- Participate in data loss prevention response, process, and oversight
- Provide IT investigative and forensic support for legal, HR, BCOC and internal audit
- Develop and maintain ongoing process to remove unlicensed or unauthorized software
- Provides side by side coaching for less experienced Security analysts
- Coordinate and manage reviews of site-specific IT Disaster Recovery Plans, create new plans where needed
- Monitor security process compliance of internal and third-party users
- Provide consultation and advice to legal counsel and business leaders
- Performs Legal Holds using computer forensic tools including MS Exchange, Enterprise Vault and NearPoint to support investigations and litigations
- Research and stay abreast of all local, national laws and regulations as it related to record retention and information security requirements
- Facilitate implementation of business-friendly solutions that insure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Woodward information
- Participate in security related projects as applicable
- Participate in the Records Retention Program
- Ability to be a member of an on-call team
- Assist with audit deficiency remediation
What We Are Looking For
- BS/BA Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- One or more of the following certifications: GIAC Information Security fundamentals (GSEC); CISA, CompTia Security+; OSCP, CISSP, if no certification completion of approved certification required within one (1) year of accepting the job offer.
- 3 or more years’ experience supporting information security
- Experience with deploying processes and technology consistent with the Purdue model in a regulated environment
- Understand operational technologies such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software, and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Experience in troubleshooting system integration issues and working with security, network, and ICS technologies to implement secure solutions
- Familiarity of the threats, vulnerabilities, exploits in ICS environments, and appropriate mitigation techniques
- Specific technical knowledge in three or more of the following areas: McAfee's Enterprise Security Suite, Rapid7 Suite, Sentinel One, Crowd Strike, Windows Operating Systems, Linux, AIX, Internet technologies, Networking technologies, Load Balancers and Encryption technologies
- Specific knowledge related to NIST, DFARS, ITAR, SOX, HIPAA, PCI DSS, and GDPR compliance
- Knowledgeable with security control frameworks such as NIST CSF, 20 Critical Controls, or ISO 27002
- Applicants must be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S.*
*Woodward will not sponsor applicants who now require or will in the future require visas.
What’s In It For You
At Woodward, our “employees” are called and treated as “members”…. and we’ve created a culture that appreciates and values the contributions of every member. It’s a positive collaborative environment where members work together for outstanding outcomes.
Woodward offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
- Sick Time / Short Term Disability / Bereavement / Adoption Assistance / Vacation / 401(k) Match
- Stock Contribution after 2 years / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability / Member Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Member Optional Life
- Spouse/Child Optional Life / Optional AD&D / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Home Auto Insurance / Whole Life Insurance / Critical Illness Insurance / Legal Plan / Military Leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Pandemic Leave / Variable Incentive Plan / Vacation Buy-up