Finding the right fit:
Due to exciting growth, the telecommunications division is looking to add a motivated individual to our engineering team. We're looking for a passionate, analytical, and detail-oriented individual who takes pride in seeing a project through to fruition.
You'll represent Ayres to various stakeholders and be at the center of delivering expertise in telecommunication network engineering. Success will be defined by your knowledge of CenturyLink systems and the ability to develop our staff to have the technical expertise towork with outside agencies to obtain right-of-way approvals and coordinate projects withother utilities.
On any given day, you'll:
- Train staff on CenturyLink systems, such as NDS, Fireworks, Bidmaster, Martens, and WFMT.
- Accurately define scope of project and prepare a cost estimate.
- Assign work assignments and monitor OSP team members' performance and quality.
- Be responsible for the technical guidance and meeting project goals related to schedule and cost.
- Provide organizational functions to include team training, mentoring, staffing and oversight of personnel issues.
- Remain current on industry trends and ongoing client specification changes to provide the team with guidance.
- Represent Ayres Associates and various clients professionally and effectively to the public.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in OSP engineering.
- Proficiency in Civil 3D, AutoCAD, or ArcGIS.
- Experienced in CenturyLink systems, such as NDS, Fireworks, Bidmaster, Martens, and WFMT.
- Willingness to travel throughout Wisconsin to project sites as needed.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Knowledge of the Trans 220 process and the ability to read and understand roadway plans and perform conflict analysis.
- Desire to work positively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Understanding of underground utility locating, GPS, and survey equipment.
- Ability to work independently and with other team members in multiple offices.
- Capacity to use problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with strong technical writing ability and computer skills, including MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal rules and regulations related totelecommunications projects and general construction practices.
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field and/or equivalent is a plus.