Utilities One is looking for a qualified OSP Engineering Manager.
Utilities One is looking to expand our skillset and provide turnkey services to our clients. The OSP Engineering Manager will be an entirely new role responsible for implementing U1’s mission and vision by building and managing a new department within the company. The OSP Engineering manager will lead these efforts by building a strong team while training existing engineers on today’s technologies. The OSP Engineering manager will also serve as the primary contact for our clients where engineering is concerned and work directly with our local OSP Construction Managers to resolve issues during the construction of any U1 design.
Utilities One Benefits:
- Competitive Salary;
- Great Work Environment;
- Career Advancement Opportunities.
- Hire, train, coach team members;
- Resolve problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of a variety of factors;
- Utilize sound judgment in appropriate engineering techniques to meet client expectations;
- Responsible for planning, analysis, recommendations, work guidance, or deviations in support of new construction of outside plant network structures and facilities. Including fiber to the premise (FTTP) and any new technology requirements;
- Work with local implementation, teams to ensure projects are complete and within budget;
- Primary contact for problem resolution;
- Provide direction to employees according to established policies and management guidelines;
- Travel requirement 50-80%;
- Will report to the Director of OSP Engineering and Construction.
- College Degree and 5-7 years of experience in telecommunications design with 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Ability to understand current technologies and understand client design requirements;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, clients, markets, communicate effectively and respond timely to customer requests;
- Familiarity with CAD software with the ability to train new team members on best practices;
- Understanding of all RUS specifications and PON networks;
- Ability to lead a group of individual contributors to accomplish the goals of the department.