Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for sevenyears in a row. Tilson is looking for motivated, self-directed OSP engineers to join our team to design outside plantnetworks in Salt Lake City. The candidate should have technicalexperience in outside plant design working collaboratively withother departments to achieve success. Candidate will have a minimum of 2-5years of provenexperience with OSP underground and aerialtelecommunication engineering. We are looking for someone whowants an exciting opportunity to become a key player as we continue toexperienceexponential growth.
- Manage and design hundreds of miles of outside plant for a major network deployment.
- Provide engineering designs with associated cost estimates as part of conceptual design.
- Ability to perform low level engineering using 3-GIS, or other GIS platform.
- Ability to perform field work, network verifications, constructionaudits, and building entry designs.
- Review aerial plant per design standards and make recommendations to support build.
- Work with other departments to coordinate make ready management, permitting and fielding.
- Review permit and construction drawings and provide feedback to ensure highest quality work product.
- Must be able to review as-built plans, test results and provide post constructioninspection.
- Ability to work in multiple CADD and GIS platforms as well as Google Earth.
- Maintain orderly records and project documents.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of outside plant engineering and construction.
- Knowledge of NESC code as it relates to telecommunications.
- Experience engineering in a GIS based program.
- Desktop and field quality control to support final client deliverable.
- Prepare documentation packages for client review.
- Understanding of job cost, change order management and work order processing.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Valid driver’s license.
This is a full-time salaried position with occasional day and overnight travel. Evening and weekend hours may be required from time to time in order to meet client needs.