Tilson is looking for a motivated, self-directed OSP engineer to manage outside plant projects through design, engineering andconstruction. This position will be primarily desktop engineering based in Los Angeles, with periodictravel across Tilson’s target markets. The candidate should have technicalexperience in outside plant design working collaboratively withother departments to achieve success. Candidate will have a minimum of 2-5years of provenexperience with OSP underground and aerialtelecommunication engineering. We are looking for someone whowants an exciting opportunity to become a key player as we continue toexperienceexponential growth.
- Manage and self-start multiple OSP projects of varying complexity for fiber deployment projects.
- Provide engineering designs with associated cost estimates as part of conceptual design.
- Ability to perform low level engineering using 3-GIS, or other GIS platform, while acting as the project manager for end to end deployments.
- Ability to perform field work, and travel to various markets as priorities require.
- Review aerial plant per design standards and make recommendations to support build.
- Work with other departments to coordinate make ready management, permitting and fielding.
- Must be able to review as-built plans, test results and provide post constructioninspection.
- Ability to work in multiple CADD and GIS platforms as well as Google Earth.
- Maintain orderly records and project documents.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of outside plant engineering and construction.
- Knowledge of GO95 code.
- Desktop and field quality control to support final client deliverable.
- Prepare documentation packages for client review.
- Understanding of job cost, change order management and work order processing.
- Regional travel up to 50%.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Valid driver’s license.