Who Are We?
WE ARE CHAMPIONS! Nexians are innovative people excessively focused on accelerating technology deployment. We live by our Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, and Innovation. Our most important asset is our employees which is why we focus on providing a progressive, vibrant and empowering culture.
Since 2001, Nexius has grown into the leading deployment services provider in the US. We are unique in combining end-to-end Network Deployment and Network Engineering services to design and build the best networks in the US. That is why we have become a premier partner to some of the largest leading companies in telecommunications and various other industries.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a company with record growth. Nexius employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary and multiple benefit plan options
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Company-wide events and celebrations
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
Are you a Champion?
Nexius is currently hiring an OSP Design Engineer Champion to work remotely or from our office in the Seattle, WA metro area.
What You'll Do:
- Acceptance and interpretation of Field Notes and instructions from construction personnel for the build-out of fiber optic outside plant facilities/network to include OSP underground or aerial path and ISP within customer premises and entering into NDS, other GIS systems, and CAD.
- Create the detailed design and narrative for fiber cable and associated infrastructure in deployments aerial or underground fiber to homes, business, multi-dwelling units and network access points.
- Create/update fiber details in NDS and other GIS software system which may include BOM, engineering codes used by customer/carriers and the creation of drawings, elevations, and diagrams used by construction personnel.
- Use high-level planning objectives and standards and produce work orders, job prints/maps, materials list, permit applications and method of procedure documentation for the procurement and construction of outside plant fiber optic networks.
- Coach and train other engineers.
- Interface with and respond to customer, field and construction inquiries and change requests, and completion of as-built documentation.
The Qualities You Possess:
- Great communication skills and fresh perspectives
- Enjoys working with a great team of internal and external customers
- Strong work ethic to navigate a variety of daily responsibilities and seeks to find solutions prior to presenting problems
- Persistent, do what it takes to get it done, attitude
- Progressive thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
The Skills and Background You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of Telecommunications Outside Plant Design, Engineering and Constructionexperience; must have a full understanding of outside plant installation and maintenance technician activities as well as customer
- Experience and understanding of NDS, GIS and CAD software with an emphasis on outside/inside plant telecommunications systems
- Able to work within the Pacific Time Zone core hours with the team if working remotely
- Meet customer demand for quick turnaround times
- Assist in Pre-Fielding information by gathering data and screenshots from NDS prior to construction walks and aiding in CAD creation if performed outside of Nexius
- Train and assist internal employees and contractors contributing to the NDS Engineering efforts for all programs
- Combines proven technical skills with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills to successfully deliver over the course of the deployment cycle
- Understands the importance of responsiveness and is accountable to that standard
- Project Management and issue resolution
- Knowledge of NEC Codes
- Knowledge of Building infrastructure (fire rated and load bearing walls)
- Experience with CAD software applications for engineering design, workflow and order management
- Familiarity with Rural Utilities Service (RUS) specification of units of work, specifically 515a-d
- Experience with various fiber cable technologies, including blown fiber, Corning Flex-Nap, and various PON solutions and architectures
- Experience with fiber optic testing standards, equipment and processes
- Experience with Aerial and Underground fiber cable design
- Availability for routine travel to local job sites for field engineering, site survey and auditing purposes
- Ability to periodically travel to company, customer and construction sites within the USA
- Periodic air travel will be required