Posted 69 days ago
The OSP Construction Manager provides direct supervision, thoughtful leadership, and hands-on expertise for present and future construction projects and processes being executed throughout our local systems. This position directs all facets of assigned construction projects from conception to completion while ensuring compliance with all legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other relevant regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Set forth below is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities (or "essential functions") of this position.
• Oversees Cable One plant construction and directs all facets of assigned construction projects from conception to completion including: facilitating CIR funding, permitting, procurement, design review, build, contractor resources, etc.
• Actively manages, tracks, and reports on current ongoing construction projects in regards to work progress, schedule, and budget.
• Proactively works with local systems, divisions, corporate office, and contractor teams to find solutions to issues that prevent construction projects from completing on time and on budget.
• Researches and ensures compliance with all legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other relevant regulations.
• Negotiates contractor partner agreements, confirms compliance with Cable One design and construction protocol, and resolves financial and quality discrepancies.
• Works closely with the leadership team to develop budgets and allocate appropriate funds for new builds, rebuilds, upgrades, and other construction efforts.
• Responds to questions, concerns and complaints regarding construction projects.
• Develops, modifies, and reviews existing processes to facilitate construction key performance indicators (KPI).
• Updates weekly and monthly construction progress and activity reports.
Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation(s) will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position is directly responsible for managing up to 15 non-supervisory associates and up to 2 subordinate supervisory/managerial associates within the Construction department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, training associates; assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Cultivates, pursues and promotes a culture of continued excellence through individual and team growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In addition, set forth below is a non-exhaustive list of requirements that are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform this position. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation(s) will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related technical field with supplemental classes in business or finance; and a minimum of fifteen years of construction experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to coordinate solutions related to construction projects, contractor compliance, and project design.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
• SCTE / NCTI certifications preferred.