Xcel Energy is seeking an OSI PI systems analyst for a Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst position. This role:
- Maintains and evangelizes the OSISoft PI system platform for the enterprise
- Requires excellent analytical, communication, and teamwork skills and will be a resource for many different operational and engineering entities
Serves as diagnostician and solution provider for data, information and business process-related challenges. Responsible for representing technical expertise in specific data domains and incorporating governance into daily activities. Provides expertise in the integration of data related to business processes. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Teams with other analysts to extract, interpret, and perform advanced analytics.
- Data Investigation and Extraction – Extracts data from operational systems and reporting databases using advanced SQL through a variety of reporting, data mining, and data management tools. Investigates complex table structures to identify data relationships and the location of required data. Validates accuracy of the results. Stratifies results to provide meaningful insights. Optimizes query performance through SQL tuning.
- Advanced Analytics and Technologies – performs advanced analytics and data management as it pertains to specific job role. For analytics, this includes statistical and predictive analytics, business process mapping, gap analysis, and closed-loop analysis. For technologies, this includes advanced ETL, data modeling, management, quality, metadata, master data management, and strategic planning for effective information delivery methods including ad-hoc reports, standard reports, dashboards, scorecards, and data visualizations.
- Work Management – Manages multiple tasks, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities. Communicates status and estimates clearly and timely to management and team members. Documents extraction methods, SQL coding, and reporting criteria to a level consistent with departmental standards. Conduct SQL peer-reviews as needed. Balances recurring reporting needs by transitioning ad-hoc reports and analysis into supported reporting tools. Perform data profiling and data cleansing tasks and help identify and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Customer Relationship – develops strong relationships with customers to understand business challenges and forge a partnering relationship for problem solving. Offers suggestions for improvement and/or further research into data findings or process issues. Clarifies customer requirements, manages expectations, and enhances business systems credibility, transparency, and partnership within Xcel and its vendors.
- Continuing Education – takes a proactive approach to understanding industry and organization-specific business issues. Participates in structured and self-study training courses. Continually improves technical skills and learns new data sources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Information Technology or combination of education and related work experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Five years of related experience and three years’ experience required in relational database reporting.
- Ability to understand complex data models, SQL query tools, and Business Objects.
- Ability to understand customer requirements and communicate clearly.
- Experience identifying/developing end-to-end solutions to address changing business needs.
- Solid internal and external network of business and technology professionals at the manager level. Exceptional communication, time management and critical thinking abilities.
- 3+ years of experience with OSIsoft PI products strongly preferred
- Coding experience strongly preferred: PI SDK, AF SDK, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, XML
- 1-2 years of OSISoft PI system administration experience working in High availability (HA) environment
- Solid understanding of IT/OT networking, communication protocols, and server hardware/software configuration experience
- OSI PI Asset Framework, analytics experience
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills; ability to communicate effectively
- 10+ years of database experience &/or IT experience