Job Title: OS Mainframe – Senior Server Engineer (highly available MQ Sysplex environments)
Location: Newark, New Jersey OR Lake Success, New York
Compensation: Base salary + Excellent Benefits package *NO Relocation
*****NO WORK VISA SPONSORSHIP'S
IDEAL CANDIDATE will have all the following:
- Sr. level OS programming position - heavy networking skills.
- 10-15 years of experience
- Heavy MQ series- software infrastructure on O/S mainframe.
- Extensive experience in bulk data transfer - IBM Connect: Direct
- IBM Tools for Network management - NetView and OMEGAMON XE product suite.
- Provide WebSphere MQ technical and operational support in a highly technical, large, and global IBM mainframe environment
- Lead the strategic direction of z/OS Messaging & Integration technologies.
- Develop middleware integration standards and best practices for onboarding clients.
- Guide MQ Engineering and Operate team practices in line with team goals.
- Lead the global mainframe MQ Operate team on incident management, disaster recovery, sustained resiliency, testing events and capacity planning requirements as needed.
- Evaluate, install, test, and implement the MQ software to support software applications.
- Maintain installed MQ software in an on-going basis and apply appropriate patches to maintain system integrity.
- Provide training for MQ support staff and Give technical guidance to customer analysts and programmers involved in the design, development, and implementation of software applications using the MQ software.
- Will determine mainframe z/OS software upgrade requirements to maintain all products at current and supported levels determined by IBM and third-party vendor(s).
- Define resource requirements in conjunction with other managers within Technical Services group to support software and hardware upgrade requirements
- Serve as Point of Contact for Vendor relationships and engagement.
- Ability to drive vendor direction to deliver solutions needs.
- Perform Project Management for all major product upgrades to ensure mainframe stability and reliability objectives are sustained
- Develop and maintains standards for all Software Infrastructure and Program Products
- Monitor CPU, memory and DASD trends to maintain service levels of supported software
- Conduct software proof of concept and product evaluations in partnership with vendors.
- Manage multiple projects, develops detailed implementation plans and schedules, and prepares periodic status reports
- Perform project scoping, consultation and design deliverables on time and within budget.
- MS/BS or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10+ yrs. of related technical experience providing large-scale computing infrastructure technical and operational support in a highly technical environment.
- Working knowledge of highly available MQ Sysplex environments.
- Implementation, configuration and support experience with:
- VTAM, SNA, APPN and HPR technologies
- TCP/IP in a z/OS Parallel Sysplex environment
- Connect: Direct
- NetView Network Management
- Must have experience in supporting enterprise system communications and file transfer protocols and enterprise encryption applications processes such as TCP/IP, AT-TLS
- Support and participate in Disaster Recovery exercises
- Provide on-call support
- Ability to work with clients, vendors and other Infrastructure Services functional areas
- The ability to follow a project through to completion, and/or to work as part of a larger team to complete the components of a complex project.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment, and systems management skills