Woolpert is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert continues to be certified by employees as an employer of choice through the Great Place to Work® Survey, and believes great companies are built from great people and great clients. Woolpert is continually moving its culture forward. As one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., and with growth around the world, we are seeking an experienced Orthophotography Team Leader.
Woolpert's Orthophotography Team Leader is a strong communicator and collaborator capable of working with project assigned staff, management, and firm leadership. Orthophotography Team Leader is responsible for administrative support of the scope of work.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in GIS, Remote Sensing, Geodetic Engineering, Geography or equivalent and relevant experience
- Eight (8) years of orthophotography generation and development is required using software such as: Photoshop, OrthoVista, GlobalMapper, XPro, or OrthoPro
- Two (2) years progressive leadership experience.
- Willingness to be tested in a workplace production environment and can keep up with advances in computer technology.
- Must have significant experience with ArcGIS, Microstation, Terrasolid / Terrascan, and ortho generation software.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background, verification and drug screening process.
- Duties include managing a team of image analysts, assigning tasks, estimating project costs, developing , monitoring production.
- Quality Control/Assurance, data warehouse maintenance and project coordination with upstream and downstream departments.
- Requires excellent presentation, communication & writing skills.
- Taking initiative to interact with others and make tough decisions when required.
- Responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members daily to function in a goal-oriented manner.
- Through supportive leadership, create an inspiring and trusting team environment promoting the growth of team members with an open communication culture.
- Utilize their expertise, their peers, influence, and/or creativeness to formulate smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
- Responsible for effective planning and scheduling of workload and performance of team members.
- Ensures team is right-sized, right-skilled and managed to 110% capacity through accurate and efficient use of Resource Planning.
- Interview and hire team members.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts, escalating issues as needed.
- Provide ongoing Project Fundamentals training and coaching to team members. Has full people managerial responsibilities (goal setting, training plans, performance development reviews, pay decisions, termination, discipline, staffing, etc.) and partners with Human Resources for strategic people management duties.
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Strong organizational skills, with focus on accuracy.
- Experience in a role requiring a strong sense of personal responsibility for and work product and strong communication skills.
- Experience and Proficiency with Microsoft Office and working online and with databases especially Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of digital imagery and DEM processing & production, including LiDAR and autocorrelation is ideal.
- Experience implementing custom & commercial software applications is required.