Orthopedic Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Less than 5 years experience • Patient Care
Seeking Orthopedic PA-C, to work with one Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon in Clinic and OR.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to the following:
- First assist in the operating room.
- Full clinic duties, including patient history, physical examination, measurements, and scribing for physician.
- Running own clinic for injections, suture raemoval, brace changes, post-op appointments
- Ordering Physical Therapy, Work Conditioning, Functional Capacity Evaluation, MRIs/MRAs/CTs/Ultrasounds, and other diagnostic tests as appropriate, as well as communicating and documenting the results.
- Completing office notes for patients seen in clinic. (Completion of Independence Medical Examinations records is excluded).
- Generating record reviews
- Communicating with OR staff on lineup and equipment needed for surgeries
- Checking pre-operative clearance and surgical charts
- Returning patient telephone calls and answering any pre/post-operative questions.
- Ordering prescription medication and refills.
- Completing pre-authorizations for prescriptions and MRIs for private insurance patients.
- On-call for office
- Liaison between Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Coaches, etc.
- Job Type: Full-Time, 40-60 Hours/week; No Weekend hours
- SALARY: Negotiable
Qualifications and Skills
EXPERIENCE: 2 Years Experience in Orthopedic Surgery
Certification: PA-C, Active certification
License: Illinois PA license and DEA license, active
ACLS: Up to date
- PAID TIME OFF: Vacation accrues on a bi-weekly basis at two weeks/year. Sick/personal time accrues on a bi-weekly basis at five days/year. Five paid holidays/year.
- CONTINUING EDUCATION: Five days per contractyear and fifteen hundred dollars ($1500.00) to be taken yearly.
- PROFESSIONAL DUES: AAPA membership and license renewals reimbursed up to five hundred and fifty dollars ($550.00) annually.
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND LIFE INSURANCE
- 401 K & OTHER RETIREMENT BENEFITS