Support to ensure all special operations deployments are tailored to meet the requirements of the President of the United States (POTUS), Secretary of Defense (SECDEF), and the Geographic Combatant Commanders; and assists in direction of force deployment. You will also support the mission to monitor, measure, analyze and report SOF readiness, and recommend and coordinate remediation actions for SOF readiness shortfalls.
- Collaborate with analysts within USSOCOM, Component Commands, Joint Staff, and Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- Apply mathematical, statistical, econometric, decision theory, modeling and other scientific methods in creative ways.
- Evaluate reports by outside entities by analyzing facts, challenging assumptions and performing appropriate research and preparing detailed responses.
- Provide recommendations of analysis on current force distribution, force generation plans, deployment length, PERSTEMPO issues, and memorandums of understanding with other services and future force allocation decisions which directly impact on the health of the force The SOFORGEN Database and modeling tool.
- Provide analysis with desktop models and ORSA tools.
- Investigate non-proprietary models.
- Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Six (6) Years hands-on operations research system analysis (ORSA) experience in qualitative and quantitative analyses of complex military and related problems.
- Ten (10) Years’ experience as a uniformed military member in specific SOF functional areas of SF, SEAL, CA, MISO, or SOF Aviation, or six years’ experience as a member of SOF staff
- Five (5) Years’ experience utilizing Microsoft suite office products to include MS Access
- Three (3) Years’ experience working with USSOCOM, subordinate organizations, DOD, and knowledge of each military U.S. military service’s roles and missions
- Five (5) Years’ experience using communication skills, both written and oral, to include preparation of written products for senior leader (general officer/flag officer/senior executive service level) use and the ability to communicate at all levels in a highly professional manner