The person selected for this position will possess strong management skills, the ability to partner with others effectively, direct cross-functional teams, articulate vision and objectives clearly to their direct reports, plan and execute tactics according to timelines for market events and answer to customer insights in a dynamic fashion. The selected candidate is expected to operate with integrity and transparency, as well as respect and adherence to the laws and regulations that govern our industry and our Company policies.
Key tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
- Staffing and selection of the region team members.
- Directing and managing account teams of the market environment / ecosystem to promote prioritization of customers and appropriate business drivers.
- Overseeing and managing region account strategies and customer account profiles/plans.
- Attaining region-level sales goals while ensuring the organization follows all policies, business practices, and compliance guidelines.
- Providing recommendations for resource allocation decisions to optimize net sales in the geography.
- Implementing brand and corporate strategies, pull-through and evolving the regional design to meet market needs.
- Promoting the development of a new business unit within the newly formed organization.
- Advanced degree in business or health administration
- Minimum of seven (7) years in the pharmaceutical or other health care field, managing complex business activities
- Minimum of five (5) years in Sales/Account Management, Marketing or Managed Markets- Pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of three (3) years in People Management
- Minimum of three (3) years developing and managing customer relationships
- Requires approximately 50% travel, including some weekends.
- Comprehension of customer needs and their environment to develop and implement strategies and tactics to foster biosimilar adoption
- Comprehension of the buy and bill market, key customers, and current dynamics that can positively and negatively influence biosimilar markets
- Comprehension of contracting, reimbursement, and practice economics for buy and bill products for hospitals, payers, patients, and other stakeholders
- Make sound business decisions based on comprehension of the business potential
- Creates a strategic plan by integrating short-, mid-, and long-term objectives
- Attract, select retain and motivate top talent; manage high performance
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork that results in effective partnership with customers and extended teams
- Clearly conveys and articulates a vision and strategy that motivates and energizes the region and ability to direct the organization through effective change management
- Ability to make resource decisions and trade-offs to maximize business potential.