Job Overview: As the Organizational Health, Safety and Environment (OHSE) Manager, you will be responsible for establishing safety initiatives focused on driving safety culture. The OHSE Manager is also responsible for ensuring safety practices and policies are compliant with legal and internal safety regulations. As OHSE Manager, you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and driving behavior change.
- This is a newly created position is part of the Madison plant Leadership Team
- Integral to supporting growth and safety culture at Madison’s manufacturing facility
- Must have flexibility to support a 24/7 workforce
- Lead and drive employee safety policies and programs, developing and maintaining a constant awareness of all safety requirements
- Oversee safety team initiatives and encourage employee participation as part of a strong safety culture
- Develop and administer safety training intiatives including routine plant-wide training as well as training for front line management, first responders and emergency coordinators.
- Ensure OSHA/regulatory and internal Amcor Organizational Health, Safety, and Security (AOHSS) compliance
- Lead internal and external safety/environmental audits
- Manage monthly safety reporting program and analyze data to drive improvements
- Partner with Human Resources to establish an effective safety onboarding program for new hires
- Ensure proper and timely investigation of all near misses, injuries and other safety-related incidents that have occurred.
- Support plant growth training initiatives and by conducting safety audits for new equipment/alterations
- Act as site safety champion and implement corporate safety initatives
- Partner with 6S leader to integrate safety into 6S
Major challenges & complexities:
- Working with the General Manager, Human Resources, and Operations to develop this newly created position
- Establishing a leadership presence without having direct reports
- Driving behavior change through education, communication and motivation
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Production Support Teams
- Human Resources
- Amcor Corporate Safety Professionals
- Safety and Environmental agencies and auditors
- Training Vendors
- Safety supply vendors
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5 years of experience in a safety leadership capacity in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelors degree or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols and/or procedures us reqyured
- OSHA and/or other regulatory certification(s) are preferred
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions
- Ability to enhance the overall safety culture while helping employees develop their skills
- Ability to multitaske and prioritize in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable communication to all levels of internal and corporate management
- Team Player
- Compliance/Regulatory Compliance focused
- Improve safety awareness and personal accountability
Why work at Amcor?
- We value safety, integrity, collaboration, accountability and results and out performance
- Amcor is a growing company which means career opportunities both locally and internationally
- The environment is better off because of our leadership and products
- We offer world class benefits including annual bonus opportunities; including various retirement savings/voluntary pension plans (vary depending on country).
- We value diversity. With sites in over 40 countries around the world, you have the unique opportunity to work and grow with a multi-cultural team.