H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation service's is looking for an Organizational Effectiveness Consultant. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away.
About H&R Block…
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
Collaborates with executives and strategic business partners to identify organizational development priorities and determine resource requirements to implement initiatives to address these priorities. Develops and deploys strategies for the management of planned change and systemically tracks and reports progress toward institutionalizing change.
- Diagnose and analyze current organizational systems, structures, culture, competencies, and related organizational practices to identify gaps between actual and desired states and recommend solutions for change.
- Facilitate feedback and action planning sessions to drive organizational improvements.
- Partner with HR Leads and business partners in the support of and implementation of business strategies.
- Lead change management projects across the enterprise and/or with assigned business groups.
- Implement cross-practice people strategies and provide expertise for critical management programs.
- Conduct research to determine industry benchmarks and best practices. Identifies potential areas for improvement.
- Design, develop and implement strategies and interventions in conjunction with ongoing human resources policies and procedures to include the following:
- Executive education and future leadership development
- Organizational design and change management initiatives
- Competency models
- 360 degree multi-rater feedback and associate surveys
- Performance management
- Talent assessment
- Corporate initiatives
- Management succession plans
- Leadership metrics
- Team Development
- Administer a number of behavioral-based assessments such as Myers Briggs across the organization.
- Provide coaching and feedback to senior leaders and other associates across the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Development, Human Resources Management or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 8 years progressive experience in organizational development including assessing organizations, designing and implementing organizational development initiatives and consulting with clients in a wide variety of business settings.
- Experience in behavioral assessment, test interpretation, qualified in Level "B" assessment.
- Possesses strong Effective Communication skills to include ability to communicate with business executives both oral and written, strong presentation skills, interpersonal skills and conflict management skills
- Extensive experience in facilitation of business meetings and problem-solving
- Strong research, design and analytical skills
- Results Oriented and proficient in project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Extremely Client Focused to include ability to work across multiple disciplines; e.g., retail tax corporate and field, finance, IT, corporate functions, etc.
- Successfully demonstrates Block Behaviors.