Job Description :
The Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) Sr. Manager of Organizational Effectiveness and Capability Development will provide Center of Excellence leadership across two primary disciplines – OE/OD and Learning & Capability Development, reporting directly to the Director of Talent & Organizational Capability (T&OC).
Key responsibilities include leadership of work in Culture, Organizational Design, Capability Development and Instructional Design, with responsibility for performance consulting across the full Talent & Organizational Capability discipline.
This position will work closely with senior leaders and serve as a critical interface to RMS leaders and Human Resources professionals to identify and deliver on RMS workforce needs.
This individual will also partner closely with the Sr. Manager of Talent & Workforce Strategy and T&OC Operations Manager, as well as manage a team of individuals supporting the COE.
Reporting to the RMS Director for Talent and Organizational Capability, the Sr. Manager of Organizational Effectiveness and Capability Development is responsible for leading the RMS-wide efforts to build our culture, organizational effectiveness and talent strength and depth to ensure the organization has the requisite capabilities to meet current and future business needs.
This position has responsibility for the development of the global RMS strategy for our Culture evolution as well as organizational design and change management, learning, leadership development, career development, and knowledge continuity.
Through a team of direct reports and in partnership with the RMSHR team, leaders and other Lockheed Martin partners, he/she will shape and design culturally aligned, results-focused processes and programs throughout the organization across business segments and geographic regions.
The Sr. Manager of Organizational Effectiveness and Capability Development is a member of the Integrated Talent Management Center of Excellence.
Specific areas of focus include the following:
• 10+ years of relevant experience in organizations recognized for leading edge capability in Organization Effectiveness, Learning & Development and Human Resources.
• An exceptional leader with broad-based business acumen, sound judgment and proven, in-depth executive experience in organization design and talent development.
• Demonstrated capability and grounding in business alignment, with HR Business Partner or direct business line experience preferred.
• Demonstrates characteristics that embody RMS’ five Cultural Imperatives: Relationships Matter, One Team, Be Bold, Embrace Change and All In
• Strong communications skills and executive presence, able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, external constituencies, and partners across the Lockheed Martin enterprise.
• Experience in diagnosing organizational capability requirements and translating these into practical interventions, including talent development practices, processes and programs.
• Ability to recognize great talent and potential in individuals. S/He will lead an efficient process for talent development and career building, improving on talent retention and engagement.
• Prior success in driving cultural change throughout an organization.
• Demonstrated subject matter expertise in learning, training/instructional design and leadership development; and an awareness and understanding of the learner of the future.
• Experience leading/building learning architectures and performance solutions that include informal, formal, virtual, and mobile components
• Strong relationships with external thought leaders in OD, learning and leadership development. Awareness of the latest trends and best practices in this space.
• Ability to influence, collaborate and strategically partner across multiple areas within HR and all lines of business, ensuring sponsorship and buy-in from key stakeholders, in a complex and global business model.
• Proven ability to lead, develop and coach a team through challenging and sometimes ambiguous enterprise agenda.
• Proven track record of strategic thinking, translating strategy into action and execution
• Exceptional communication skills and leadership capabilities, working effectively in a global, matrix organization.
• Strong relationships with and proven experience in managing external vendors.
• Fluent in innovative learning technologies and new learning practices.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated positive, can-do attitude, energetic, enthusiastic and goal-oriented
• Potential and interest to develop as a succession caliber candidate.
• Willingness to travel
• 12+ years’ experience and progressive/increasing scope with related Advanced Degree
• MS or MBA degree in Human Resource Management, Organization Design, Instructional Systems Design/Adult Education, Instructional Technology, or similar program preferred
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin’s Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives and competencies and experience with leadership development.
• HR business partner experience
• Experience assessing workforce gaps and designing and executing a workforce strategy
• Organizational development expertise
• Lean/Six Sigma certification and experience
• Experience working in an organization well known and respected for developing strong and innovative thinkers in HR.
• Experience leading in a matrix environment or an organization that has navigated large scale transformation is preferred