Who We Are
We’re Dealer Tire, a family-owned, international distributor of tires and parts established in 1918 in Cleveland, OH. We’re laser focused on helping the world’s largest and most trusted auto manufacturers grow their tire business—in fact, we’ve sold more than 60 million tires to date. We’re a thriving company, and we’re looking for driven individuals to join our team. That’s where you come in!
As an Organizational Development Specialist, your essential job functions will include the following:
- Manage the operations of the competency-based Performance Management and Talent Management processes and timelines as an integrated approach across all levels of a high growth organization.
- Manage the operations of talent management programs, which may include succession planning, career planning, and workforce planning.
- Drive business requirements related to Performance and Talent Management processes into our HRIS solutions to support the overall processes.
- Administer Talent and Performance related modules within our HRIS, maintaining accurate data, analyzing and reporting metrics, and providing technical support.
- Develop tools, training materials and communication strategies to support effectiveness of talent programs.
- Research and recommend continuous improvements to talent management strategies and processes.
- Respond to questions, troubleshoot and provide company-wide support for performance management.
- Assess organizational development needs in alignment with business strategy.
- Provide consulting and facilitation services to address organizational development needs, including change management, team interventions, and organization assessment and redesign.
- Coach and mentor employees on individual, educational and professional development objectives and goal-driven career plans.
- Collaborate with the People Department to leverage and reinforce core cultural drivers, the company’s competency model, and the performance, talent, and succession management processes.
- Support leadership development initiatives to ensure all leaders and potential leaders have the necessary skills to succeed and on associate engagement initiatives to drive speed to productivity, acculturation, and retention.
- Drive the efficiency of organizational development efforts by reinforcing performance objectives and performing and leveraging workforce analytics.
- Build strong working relationships across the organization to enhance HR’s role as trusted advisor and demonstrate a return on investment for organizational development initiatives.
- Deliver training sessions/workshops/team interventions consistent with adult learning theory including lectures, group activities, discussions, case studies, role-plays, simulations, and other experiential activities.
- Demonstrate mastery of effective facilitation to engage participants and drive individual and team effectiveness.
Support the Establishment of New Learning Opportunity Channels
- Research and recommend training program vendors, organizational development models, trends, best practices and assessment tools.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior or related field; Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in organizational development processes in a corporate setting.
- Demonstrated experience delivering a broad and deep range of talent management programs.
- Demonstrated experience working across corporate functions including a geographically dispersed field (sales, warehouse) and HQ (call center, finance, IT, supply chain, program management, HR).
- Demonstrated experience with change management processes (ADKAR, Prosci).
- Familiarity with Appreciative Inquiry, Emotional Intelligence and DiSC preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Advanced user of EXCEL preferred.
- Experience with producing talent metrics and analytics.
- Experience using HRIS systems, including Talent and Performance Management modules.
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- Attention to Detail
- Results Orientation
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
Physical Job Requirements
- Continuous viewing from and inputting data to a computer screen.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Travel as necessary, <10%.
Dealer Tire is a drug-free environment. All applicants being considered for employment must pass a pre-employment drug screening before beginning work