Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Organizational Development Specialist position plans, implements, administers, and evaluates HR/Development programs for company employees under the leadership of the Director of Organizational Development. This position is also responsible for the development and integration of human resource programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Delivers needs assessments and webinars for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- Identifies and incorporates best practices and lessons learned into program plans.
- Provides a broad range of consultative services to all employee levels regarding process improvement and talent development tools, specifically for strategy development and execution as well as planning and facilitation of employee relations efforts.
- Assists with planning and implementing training programs to improve employee relations, diversity and inclusion, and employee development.
- Designs and develops online and in-person training material for all employee levels including learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, and lesson plans.
- Reviews evaluations of training courses, objectives and accomplishments.
- Consults with management on performance, organizational and leadership matters with direction from the Director of OD.
- Works closely with department managers in conjunction with the Director of OD to identify process improvement initiatives and assist in change management efforts.
Marginal Functions of the Job
Normal Work Schedule
- This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, General Business, Organization Development or other related fields is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Human Resources or other areas of business is required.
- Experienced creating training materials, including on LMS platforms is desired.
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge and continued training in employment law, worker's compensation, FMLA, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and development.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access).
- Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Policy Making and/or Interpretation
- Administer Avant regulations, policies and procedures
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Failure to safeguard confidentiality of records could result in severe embarrassment to Avant Healthcare Professionals, and possibly impart severe damage to the life and well-being of an employee
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required