Serves as a training and development business partner to the organization. Supports the development and facilitation of key OD-related projects, training programs and other developmental initiatives. Plans, develops, implements and administers performance development and learning management systems and programs to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Provides expertise in planning and facilitation of organizational development initiatives.
- Consults with senior business partners to plan, develop, implement and administer performance development and talent development programs that achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Works closely with location leadership and Human Resource Managers to understand their training-related challenges and works with them todevelop and implement solutions that meet their needs.
- Continuously evaluates current programs, systems, and processes and designs alternatives as needed to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Conducts thorough needs assessments to design strategic development interventions.
- Continuously enhances expertise in the deployment of organizational development tools and processes such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and Belbin assessments.
- Works with the Training Community to implement metrics that properly gauge training effectiveness. Strategies that assist Manufacturing and Service Center Facilities in improving training statistics.
- Works to improve and maintain a positive work climate. Facilitate better communications with employees and management.
- Supports the company in execution of action planning initiatives identified from surveys, such as the Employee Culture Survey.
- Provides on-site support/Coordinate support for locations with vacant Training Manager/Coordinator Positions.
- Works with the Corporate Safety Manager to insure that the safety training programs are kept current based on OSHA requirements/programs; standardization and best practices.
- Maintains the Basic Skills curriculum for the Career Orientation Development (C.O. D.) Program.
- Provides prompt, courteous service to all internal clients in a professional manner.
- Role models our CITE and Working in Teams principles.
This position will typically not supervise another position, however must be able to implement programs and insure compliance through indirect relationships withthe location Training personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in Organizational Development, Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Instructional Design or related field. MBA or Masters is preferred;
- Has 5-8 years of HR/Training & Development management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment;
- Thorough knowledge of training methodology; development, and delivery;
- Proven track record of leveraging technology to resolve business challenges;
- Experience building course content including CBTs, LMS experience preferred;
- Experience serving as a business partner to senior leadership;
- Excellent presentation, communication and writing skills;
- PHR, CPLP and/or Myers Briggs certifications a plus;
- Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills;
- Track record of successful project management;
- Experience in working in a team environment and
- Preferred management style must be consistent with CITE Principles
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop and make presentations to public/employee groups.