The Organizational Development Professional provides a broad range of high-impact enterprise & interventional consulting services to the organization and adds strategic value to assigned projects and business areas. This position works hand-in-hand with L&OD program managers & leadership, partners with HRBPs, and engages with project teams & business leaders to address needs in areas of leadership and organizational development.
The incumbent will provide direction, professional advisement and sustainability on projects and initiatives including but not limited to: L&OD intake and consultative probing, team effectiveness and group intervention, talent development & planning, critical assessments, instructional and facilitation design, and planning & logistics related to organizational leadership and enterprise initiatives, communications and engagements.
- Develop collaborative relationships with business line leadership, subject matter experts, and HRBPs to identify and address opportunities to close knowledge or performance gaps.
- Strategically partner to advise, coordinate and where applicable deliver coaching and mentoring services enterprise-wide.
- Drive socialization and sustainability of leadership and organizational development efforts to cultivate and demonstrate impact through research, assessment, administration, design, development and delivery of tools and interventions.
- Lead cross-functional efforts with departments, business units and spanning the enterprise to analyze the effectiveness of leadership development programs and organizational development interventions & initiatives through best practice evaluation and behavior/results-based assessment.
- Direct and follow-through on the execution of initiatives, improve and facilitate programs, and champion the design & delivery of just-in-time interventions, as well as the conceptualization, design and delivery of special projects.
- Research ongoing trends in organizational capability and effectiveness to anticipate, articulate, and recommend solutions related to emerging organizational needs.
- Collaborate with leaders to identify, prioritize, and build enterprise-wide capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes.
- Drive a culture of learning & performance enterprise-wide.
- Determine developmental needs, make recommendations that align talent solutions to address needs, and generate continuous improvement of organizational and individual performance.
- Lead the execution of initiatives and expand processes for identifying and developing a ready talent pipeline, as well as leadership development programming to meet a holistic strategy.
- Support the business unit leader with guidance around staff development opportunities to meet current and future performance standards
- Manage specific projects as determined periodically and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Collaborate in creation and maintenance of departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired. Master’s degree and/or related certifications preferred but not required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in areas of organizational development, human resources business partnering, learning & development, and/or performance management required, with (2) years of experience in a role that required consultative skills across the organization, and (1) year of experience managing direct reports (matrixed or direct) or leading teams.
- Otherexperience needed to be successful in this role includes but is not limited to: developing performance-based learning objectives, facilitating groups, meeting & presenting to leaders, administration/coordination of complex and sensitive logistics, deep inquiry to probe root cause, execution of sensitive/organizationally impactful programs.
- Experience with coaching for performance and with leadership/multi-rater assessments is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate behaviors based on PSCU values
- Knowledge of leader and adult learning theories; Tap prior experience leading people/teams and bring forward to demonstrate credibility and perspective
- Analytical and interpretation skills; Critical thinking in making decisions; Weigh alternatives and recommend course of action; Seek root cause & recommend solutions without jumping to solution
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with those that provide information, assistance, and support; Desire to work cooperatively with others on a team
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and a tolerance for change; Ability to drive organizational change; Able to think on one’s feet
- Ability to plan and deliver professional verbal and written communications at the detail and strategic level, especially to leadership audiences; Clearly articulate thoughts and ideas
- Customer service skills with an ability to interact professionally and effectively, and create experiences that establish beliefs around high-quality service
- Organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at one time; Ability to manage time-sensitive logistics; Able to work proactively and autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled at execution; Track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail, and reflects well on the organization
- Ability to travel as needed to successfully perform position responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality