Intel is a company of bold and curious inventors and problem solvers who create some of the most astounding technology advancements and experiences in the world. With a legacy of relentless innovation and a commitment to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth, our diverse and brilliant teams are continually searching for tomorrow's technology and revel in the challenge that changing the world for the better brings. Human Resources at Intel parallels our business - we are innovators and problem solvers dedicated to finding the brilliant minds and developing the incredible teams that help create the future. In HR, our passion is helping all Intel employees and teams thrive as they define and deliver the future. Being a part of HR at Intel requires you to be bold, creative, take risks, and bring your best possibility thinking to every challenge.
We are seeking a seasoned org development professional to join an inclusive, strategic business-focused HR community. This position requires an individual with deep organizational diagnosis and design capability rooted in a system thinking approach who excels at isolating critical strategy, org capability and leadership challenges in an environment of ambiguity, with proven leadership skills. Enthusiasm for collaborating with a diverse set of global business and HR partners to lead a team that generates and drive practical solutions that will quickly take hold and be sustained is required.
The Organizational Development Director is responsible for the direct management of the Organizational Development Partners across Global Business HR (GBHR) to include their growth, development, and execution of their deliverables with the Business Groups and HR Directors they support. The OD Director will lead a centralized team and partner with HR Directors to prioritize the OD Partners' work across GBHR. The OD Director will report to a Senior HR Director and have these responsibilities:
- People Management of approximately 9-12 OD Partners (ODP).
- Lead a cross-functional Strategic Council to identify and prioritize work.
- Lead the OD Community and drive standards and process improvements aligned with HR COEs.
- Partner with Business Group HR Directors to align business priorities, resource assignments, and status of assigned work per HR Business Plans.
- Identify and integrate HR processes in support of cultural transformation. Consult and deliver org design projects as needed - serving as a flex mechanism to lead complex org design work across Intel.
- Build OD Partners' capabilities for continuous performance improvement. Use deep business acumen to provide context and coaching to direct reports.
- Maintain close partnership with peer Specialist Managers for effective and efficient support of each Community and Business Group.
- Communicate the results, culture, and learning of the OD Community to GBHR and HR Staff as required.
- Role-model Intel's values and HR's Vision to Empower Our People to be the Exponential Power of Intel.
- A Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, or a related field with 15 or more years related experience; OR an M.B.A, Master of Science degree, or a Master of Arts degree, with 10 or more years related experience.
- Experience requirements listed above should include experience working with senior management and the executive population.
Required Skills and Capabilities
- Exceptional Management: Have a proven track record as a strong manager of individual contributors. Demonstrates a bias toward learning and growth and effectively coaches others to increased impact.
- Org Development Expertise: Has proven expertise across the spectrum of org effectiveness work - from root cause assessment, to design and implementation, to sustaining. Can effectively influence action, whether in a continuous improvement setting, a transformative one or in a start-up.
- Organization and Business Acumen: Deeply understand, or have demonstrated ability to quickly learn Intel's businesses, products, services, markets and competitive landscapes, and its vision and strategy for future growth. Understand how things work internally - from the interconnected political, social, and information networks to the processes, structures and other capabilities that shape how things work, or don't work, to enable success.
- Organizational Assessment: Use a variety of methods to gather and analyze data within the organization. Know how to design and structure an organizational assessment that fits the situation and scope of the transformation challenge, research, exploration, education, hypothesis formation. Ability to differentiate between symptoms and root causes.
- Organizational System Architecture: Translate the strategic goals of the business into capabilities that the organization must have and then piece together to maximize the organization's likelihood of achieving its goals. Understand the inter-relatedness of all pieces of the system and how they must work together to produce the desired results.
- Synthesizing Information: Integrate information into a clear, focused plan of action for our clients. Able to discern patterns and connections in information and to leverage in assessment and design work.
- Influence: Identify and address the barriers to executing key initiatives. Challenge others to step outside of their comfort zone and to take acceptable risks and accountability to stretch for goals across business units for the good of the entire company or customers.
- Relationship Management: Build trusting relationships very quickly that allow you to provide practical, as well as visionary, solutions, and services; adapt your engagements to align successfully to the situation. Demonstrated stakeholder management, leadership, communication skills and executive presence.
- Systems Thinking: Appropriately employs systems and single point problem solving methodologies. Can simplify complexity with strong diagnostic skills with the ability to consume and make sense of large amounts of information.
- Business Consulting: Excellent contracting skills with the ability to collaborate across management levels and geographies.
- Proven leadership skills in diverse situations and organizations.
- Ability to read the subtle nuances of a situation and react and plan accordingly.
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Human Resources group is responsible for hiring, developing and retaining the best and brightest employees while continuing to strengthen the company's culture and values. Intel Human Resources provides first-rate, cost-effective services and support to employees worldwide and is dedicated to advancing Intel's business goals.