It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
** We are open to qualified candidates in any Cigna or Express Scripts location as long as the candidate has the ability to travel as needed to our Bloomfield, CT office **
Cigna is experiencing an unprecedented period of growth and change:
- The healthcare industry is dynamic and will continue to endure disruptive market forces including: regulatory implications; aging populations; chronic diseases; and the need for innovative technologies and accessible and affordable solutions.
- Cigna is rapidly growing, expanding in employee size and revenue over the next couple of years
- There is a need to support Cigna's large-scale organizational change initiatives including: mergers and acquisitions; the way we work (digital, agile, etc.); new human capital management systems; and inspirational leadership.
The Organizational Development (OD) team is a Center of Excellence (CoE) within Human Resources. The OD Consultant works in partnership with other HR CoE’s (e.g., Leadership Development, Learning, Talent Solutions, etc), HR Business Partners (HRBPs), and business leaders to enable the business to achieve their talent strategies.
The Organizational Development Consultant works collaboratively with internal HR and the business to design and deliver impactful, integrated talent solutions. The focus of the OD Consultant is on enhancing organization, group, and individual performance through the application of organizational development principles, methods, and tools. This requires the ability to: conduct organizational needs assessments utilizing data-based methodologies; identify critical issues and root causes; assess client needs; and recommend, design, and/or implement appropriate solutions and interventions. This role further requires knowledge of change management principles and tools, and the ability to measure appropriate interventions to evaluate effectiveness and sustainability. Additional proficiency is required in organization design, talent planning, team effectiveness, and talent development to support human capital management processes and systems.
This role will lead the Organizational Design practice for the enterprise which is inclusive of further defining the org design philosophy, approach, methodology and tools. It will consult and lead large scale org design initiatives. In addition, the role will be responsible for our technology tool, Org Talent and Planning Hub (OTH), which provides strategic workforce planning and talent planning capabilities for the HR and Finance organization. Leading the OTH technology and tool includes leading a large multi-functional team across HR and finance.
The role requires the ability to effectively apply tools, methodologies, and frameworks in the following OD capabilities:
- Consultation, Diagnostics, and Analytics - Conduct organizational needs assessments utilizing data-based methodologies; identify critical issues and root causes; assess client needs; recommend, design, and/or implement appropriate solutions and interventions; and effectively handle and manage resistance to achieve desired outcomes.
- Organization Design – Provide expertise to configure the structures, processes, reward systems, and people practices to achieve the organization’s strategy.
- Team Effectiveness – Understand organizational dynamics and determine appropriate interventions which could include assessments, teambuilding activities, community involvement, new manager assimilations, facilitation of leadership team meetings, and more.
- Change Management –Support and advise on talent and culture change efforts. Provide coaching to key project leaders and sponsors on change management and shape organizational solutions to deliver value to the business. Effectively implement change through: stakeholder assessments; current to future-state change analyses; change readiness analyses; and change, communication, and training solutions.
- Talent Planning & Development – Support human capital management processes and systems to drive individual and organizational effectiveness including strategic talent planning, succession planning, and development action planning. Understand critical individual and organizational learning needs and navigate and recommend formal and informal trainings and educational solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organization Development, Business, or related field
- Graduate degree in Organization Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field preferred
- Minimum 10-12 years’ experience in organization development, management consulting, or relevant field.
- Multi-industry experiencepreferred
- Experience and working knowledge of systems thinking, human behavior, organization development theory and related methodologies across consulting, organization design, team effectiveness, change management, and talent planning
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Deep expertise and experience leading organizational design initiatives; seen as thought leader and deep practitioner in organizational design.
- Experience leading large multi-functional teams and projects
- Demonstrates ability to partner and collaborate effectively with HR partners and business leaders; works across organizational boundaries to achieve desired business results
- Leverages strong business acumen to support strategic alignment of initiatives
- Successfully able to influence and interact independently with senior levels of leadership
- Acts authentically and with honesty and integrity; builds trusted advisor relationships
- Deals well with ambiguity, flexes to meet the needs of the business; focuses on making the client successful
- Designs, gains alignment, and successfully executes significant OD initiatives from start to finish with strong project and management skills
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations; manages multiple competing priorities effectively
- Employs curiosity, asks effective questions, utilizes active listening
- Solves complex problems, including collection, assimilation, and analysis of data; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to execute in a virtual and matrixed environment and build strong relationships with colleagues in diverse geographic locations.
LOCATION PREFERENCE: Varies based on client alignment; Ability to work from home
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 25%. Travel to key client events and OD forums required.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.