Industry: Staffing & Recruiting•
8 - 10 years
Posted 385 days ago
Our direct client is looking for a for an Organizational Change Project Manager in Chester, VA.
- This request is for a program business readiness resource. The purpose of business readiness is to ensure that both client and customer agencies are prepared and ready to accept customer-facing IT product, service and/or process change(s) that include a high level of technical variation and difficulty.
- The work is performed with deadlines and heavy workloads and includes analyzing these changes to determine potential impact to customers and working to improve the acceptance of new or expanded services to the customer base.
- The position will support the IT Infrastructure Services Program (ITISP), at the program level, to ensure that client’s and client’s customers are prepared to accept the changes brought by the ITISP.
- The position will collaborate with business readiness resources now supporting the transition projects of the ITISP to ensure a consistent, coordinated approach to readiness.
- It will be responsible for having a thorough understanding of the strategic direction and goals, assessing stakeholder needs at the program-level, reviewing program-level artifacts (e.g., program communications plan, program organizational change management (OCM) plan) and providing input to the program management team to ensure that required readiness activities are included in planning.
- The position will also review all program communications and perform regular quality reviews to ensure that the activities described in the program plans are adequate to address program needs as they may evolve.
- In addition, this position will work with the client’s OCM lead across multiple functional areas to ensure that Client’s OCM activities align with and support the work of the ITISP.
- The Business Readiness role works independently, monitors issues ensuring they are resolved in a timely manner and refers complex issues to higher levels as needed.
- This position may be assigned specific program risks and issues to work and mitigate or resolve.
- The position serves as a point of escalation for the business readiness resources assigned to the transition projects.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in program and project planning, resource allocation, communication, and coordination of resources.
- Knowledge of IT quality assurance methodologies, user acceptance testing, and service delivery processes.
- Knowledge of organizational change management practices and processes including communications, documentation, training and risk management best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to foster and build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple activities with competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas effectively as well as listen and understand information and ideas presented by others.
- Ability to comprehend technical information and ideas presented in writing and effectively communicate information and ideas in writing.
- Ability to define, prepare, review, and accurately analyze business readiness metrics.
- Ability to foresee issues and their impact so solutions can be developed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with the Service Management and Delivery, Platform Relationship Office and Administration and Finance.
- Ability to function at the strategic level and turn strategy into achievable tactics
- Strong project management skills to develop, track, coordinate and deliver necessary “go live” activities.
- Advanced degree in business, information technology, accounting, or related field preferred; a combination of training and experience may substitute.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Qualified Commonwealth Project Manager preferred
- ITIL Foundations v3 certification preferred
- Organizational Change Management experience and certification preferred
- Define, prepare, review and analyze business readiness metrics - Required - 5Years
- business and management principles, program and project planning, resource allocation, coordination of resources - Required - 7Years
- excellent verbal and written communication skills - Required - 10 Years
- IT quality assurance methodologies - Required - 5Years
- project management skills - Required - 7Years
- PMP or Commonwealth PM - Highly desired - 1Years
- ITIL - Nice to have - 1Years
- Organization change management practices including training and risk management best practices - Required - 3Years
Question 1: Resource will work on site at VITA Chester facility?
Question 2: Client will conduct a fingerprint background screening
Question 3: Has your candidate been submitted to CAI in the past? If so, for which agency and when?
Interview Type: In Person Only
Location: Chester, VA