Order Processing Manager
At Wayfair, we care about the impact order processing errors and delays can have on the customer’s experience. Our Order Processing Team protects our customers’ experience and preserves our bottom line - all while collaborating in a fast-paced and gratifying environment. The Order Processing Team works proactively within our Operations Services team, to ensure orders are processed without errors and handle requests from other internal teams to reduce delays in order processing. We are quick and continuous learners and extremely detail-oriented.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise a team of assistant managers, specialists, and analysts.
- Lead demand capacity planning and quality assurance, aligning teams to prioritize work and staffing across several workflows for best results; coordinating in real-time to address gaps and react to system / workflow challenges.
- Leverage data to analyze trends to ensure strong performance, closing performance gaps across teams and individuals where necessary.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and external partners to identify, scope, and execute short and long-term strategic projects and continuous improvement opportunities that drive revenue, improve the customer experience, and reduce costs.
- Deliver consistently on progress and KPIs to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Assist in planning long-term human resource needs and participate in the interviewing/hiring process.
- Work cross functionally to ensure constant alignment and ensure best practices.
- Drive Wayfair culture of collaboration, productivity, learning, and inclusivity amongst fraud teams and across Order Loss Prevention and physical site teams.
- Coach, Develop, and manager junior members through regular engagements around performance and career development.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years working experience with at least five years of people management experience, preferably in leading large teams
- 3+ years in staff management with retail, ecommerce, Finance, Customer Service, or logistics/supply-chain experience advantageous
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to build and manage teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process-oriented with solid analytical and Excel skills – SQL knowledge a plus, must be comfortable with learning new tools and software
- Ability to simultaneously drive both team performance and ongoing projects to achieve stated long and short term department goals
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Innovative problem-solving skills with an entrepreneurial spirit – dissect and determine root cause and implement solutions quickly