Responsible for comprehensive backlog and project management and execution at a factory level. The role is based in Stafford, Texas.
This role will be responsible for leading a regionally based Project Management group that supports all world areas. The role will have responsibility for directly managing the Stafford projects team, including hiring, developing staff and conducting performance reviews for this team.
The role must also be a strong influencer of activities at the plant level interacting with a wide variety of roles to ensure objectives are met.
The role will also serve as a key resource to provide leadership and direction to support project execution, customers and sales.
- Manage a team of project managers and oversee project execution.
- Coordinate the work and priorities of Manufacturing, Shipping & Receiving, Materials, Lean, Production Scheduling and Inventory Control to ensure that they meet customer or project objectives.
- Participate in the strategic planning, budgeting and long range planning process at the Plant and Product they support.
- Provide support and resolution to customer complaints/escalations.
- Provide liaison between sales, engineering, operations and other internal departments.
- Supports value stream view of project execution.
- Participate in internal and customer project kick-off meetings.
- Serves as a point person for project managers in leading their particular projects (or part of a project (COG in the wheel of a multi-site…and leader of single site). Will be involved in projects throughout the lifecycle from the final stages of the order entry through fulfillment.
- Can serve as the key customer contact for project execution.
- Will forecast, report and manage (accountable for) all site level project/backlog execution with the first priority being to meet customer due dates.
- Establishes performance goals and objectives for factory operations through shipment of projects. Provides feedback and corrective action to maintain progress toward achievement of goals and objectives. Prepare status summaries and report regularly to manager.
- BS or BA and 5-7 years of experience in manufacturing or project management, 2-3 years management experience preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Previous experience in demonstrating positive leadership in areas such as sales, manufacturing and materials.
- Results driven and ability to consistently achieve positive results, even under tough circumstances.
- Must have demonstrated experience working effectively across a site to develop and strengthen key business relationships.
- Customer focus with the ability to build strong customer relationships and meet customer expectations.
- Skills to manage complexity, conflicts, problem solve and work well under pressure.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. Experience with change management and driving continuous improvement activities.
- Ability to develop, implement and measure KPI’s for the team.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of all tasks and processes within manufacturing.
Physical requirements of the Job
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Unless traveling, this work is sedentary.
- Keyboarding required up approximately 95% of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform data analysis.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.) Occasional exposure to factory conditions including noise, hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, and moving vehicles.