We have an outstanding opportunity for a Technical Analyst/Developer in the Global Actuarial Systems department. The successful candidate will develop IT processes related to our IBNR and Triangle Generation systems and will provide subject matter expertise to other team members regarding these applications.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret business requirements and prepare detailed system specifications
- Develop applications using Oracle PL/SQL
- Enhance existing packages/functions in PL/SQL to support ongoing application requirements
- Perform system testing and provide support during user acceptance testing
- Provide SME support for production processing team
- Deliver quality solutions on time and within budget, following SDLC best practices in the documentation of design specifications and unit test plans.
- Maintain documentation of the information solutions deployed.
- Use Service Now to create and manage change requests
- Provide on-call production support when needed.
- 4+ years Oracle PL/SQL experience (Data Warehousing environment a plus)
- Strong Oracle querying and performance tuning experience
- Solid analytical skills used for investigating/explaining testing data discrepancies. Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and performance related issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, or equivalent training/experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with end users in gathering project requirements and in assisting with user testing
- Familiarity with the MS Office suite, especially Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Actuarial reserving experience or experience developing actuarial applications in the insurance industry
- SQL Server experience is a plus.