· The System utilizes a common ERP system; however, each community college maintains its own servers and infrastructure.
· The majority of all 58 colleges use Oracle Solaris. Due to end of life for Solaris 10, the System Office is assisting colleges with best practices on how to migrate from Solaris 10 to Solaris 11. The candidate should possess expert knowledge in the design, configuration, implementation, integration and migration support of Solaris 10 and 11 operating systems, including server network configuration/troubleshooting and be flexible in assisting colleges as each college's infrastructure and integration needs may be different.
· Expected Skills: Expert knowledge of the Solaris 10 and 11 operating systems design/configuration/implementation/integration including ZFS file system configuration/support, zone configuration/support, and migration support.
· Strong collaborative skills and able to effectively communicate highly technical information and documentation to both technical and non-technical users.
· Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Responsibility for operations and troubleshooting of system environments, Server back up and security
2. Performance tuning and capacity planning
3. Analysis of system logs and identification of potential issues with computer systems; troubleshooting of reported problems
4. Migration and integration of new technologies and functionalities into existing system environments
5. Strong knowledge of Oracle SPARC hardware management
6. Strong knowledge of DNS, networking and connected systems
7. Ability to participate in limited, sometimes overnight, travel within North Carolina.
· Red Hat server administration