The Cato Corporation, a leading specialty retailer of value-priced women’s fashion apparel with corporate offices located in Charlotte, North Carolina, operates three concepts: Cato, It’s Fashion and Versona. The Company has over 1,300 stores throughout the United States and a diverse workforce of over 10,000 associates. The Company’s stock is traded on the NYSE under the symbol “CATO”.
Cato is currently seeking an experienced Oracle Programmer/Senior Programmer Analyst for our Corporate Office in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Oracle Programmer/Senior Programmer Analyst position will be part of a team responsible for new application development and/or improving existing applications to meet the changing needs of our business. Specific assignments may include application design and development, coding for enhancements and fixes, testing, maintenance and support. This role may also lead small teams for a specific project.
- 5+ years of experience in software programming or application development.
- 3+ years of experience in implementing, supporting, and/or upgrading the Oracle Retail Merchandising Suite.
- Significant experience working with Oracle 10g/11g/12c databases and development tools such as PL/SQL, SQL, Forms 10g /11g, BI Publisher, OBIEE
- Ideally will also have some experience in Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- Functional understanding of retail process flows is desirable. Should be able to relate process flows to data model and structures.
- Any experience Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle Business Intelligence tools and underlying data modeling is a plus.
- Extensive interaction with the user community – both in terms of requirements analysis/gathering and post implementation support
- Advanced knowledge of application design principles, practices, systems development and analysis
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that non-technical end users can understand
- Ability to build positive and professional business relationships with internal and external clients.