Reporting to the Senior Technical Manager of Student & HR Systems in Stanford University IT (UIT), this position provides critical PeopleSoft applications and database administration support of critical systems for Stanford University. A successful candidate will have experience in the installation, upgrade and maintenance of PeopleSoft infrastructure environments.
Install, configure, upgrade, administer, monitor, and maintain highly available PeopleSoft, web, application servers and databases.
- Install, configure, and support relational database management systems (RDBMS) and related software to resolve highly complex and/or unique issues without precedent and/or structure. Work on databases using more advanced database administration concepts.
- Design, develop, and maintain highly-available databases.
- Take responsibility for maintaining database design, security and performance optimization, backup and recovery strategies and implementation, as well as monitoring the overall health of the database environment.
- Execute complete database solutions from evaluation to implementation.
- Provide on-going system administration and technical infrastructure support.
- Review the physical and logical design of databases for optimal database structures, performance tuning, security, and database backup/recovery. Plan and implement pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity planning.
- Evaluate and test marketplace tools and utilities, including system integration and automation, which enhance server functionality and promote the development of RDBMS applications.
- Develop and maintain efficient and appropriate connectivity and third party solutions between various campus databases to ensure necessary data is available as needed.
- Develop and enforce database standards and/or new development protocols.
- Support, patch and maintain PeopleSoft applications and database environments.
- Build, configure, secure and enhance PeopleSoft PIA server environments.
- Design, install and maintain highly-available and secure application environments using current web and app server technologies (load balancing and clustering methods).
- Provide on-going application patching, refreshes and technical support.
- Participate in performance loading testing, tuning and improving operational processes.
- Perform and maintain change management process and procedure.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hardworking, accountable, quick learner with can-do attitude and aptitude.
- Team player and work with multi-functional teams
- Must have good PeopleSoft/PeopleTools Administration experience.
- Current PeopleSoft 9+ and Oracle DBA skills(Oracle 12c or higher).
- Experienced with recent PeopleSoft and PeopleTools 8.54+ patching and upgrade
- Experienced on Middleware technology with Tuxedo 12c, Apache, Tomcat and fusion middleware.
- PeopleSoft Cloud deployments using DPK
- UNIX Shell. WLST/Shell scripting, SQL scripting automation is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in support of large database applications/systems including performance analysis and tuning of high volume, transaction systems.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows systems platform.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member.
- Desires to grow in knowledge of new and current technology and trends.
- Extensive experience with database security protocol.
- Skilled in troubleshooting, configuring Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat and Oracle.
- Proven experience in Apache and Weblogic servers. SSL, PKI, keytool, etc.
- Setup and management of Oracle data guard. GC, MySQL and or MongoDB experience.
- Skilled in install/setup, management of highly available application environments.
- Cloud AWS/GCS implementation experience is a plus.