Oracle General Ledger subject matter expert responsible for the day to day maintenance of the General Ledger module, supports the growth and expansion of the General Ledger module as part of the Global Hertz Finance Systems Modernization program to a single Oracle ERP platform. Works cross functionally with finance stakeholders helping to bridge the gap between Finance and technology solving complex business problems. Supports the development of the Data Governance Office and continuous improvement around Financial Master Data Management.
- Maintains the worldwide chart of account segment values in accordance with Finance Policy AP101, WH1-03 and North America Accounting Close (NAAC)
- Ensures the General Ledger data architecture remains aligned with the Business Intelligence, Hyperion Planning (PBCS) and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) reporting systems and drives continuous improvement actions where required.
- Maintains Oracle General Ledger FSG Financial Statements – trial balance, operating statements, profit and loss and balance sheet and ensures alignment to Business Intelligence, Hyperion Planning (PBCS) and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Maintains the Financial Accounting Hub mapping tables for all non-Oracle sub ledger systems.
- Creates and maintains the management reporting hierarchies and allocation rules used within Oracle.
- Ensures all Sarbanes Oxley controls are adhered to and that appropriate documentation is retained in accordance with control process procedures.
- Ensures the integrity of data entering the General Ledger through the application of security and cross validation rules.
- Ensures adherence to data governance guidelines and policies
- Aligns with Data Governance teams to ensure compliance across Hertz MDM systems
- Core team member of the Global Oracle ERP team – participates in all areas affecting the General Ledger for design, testing and implementation phases.
- Day to day administration and application support of the Blackline system.
- Participates or leads Finance Projects for General Ledger, Consolidation and Financial/Management Reporting.
- Provides assessment for business issues, delivers recommendations and implements business solutions.
- University Business and Accounting Degree
- Minimum 5 years General Ledger and Financial Accountingexperience
- Good working knowledge of Oracle General Ledger
- Good knowledge of month end and year end accounting procedures
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively working to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong analytical skills and ability to independently identify, research and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to drive change
- Effective Communication
- Process Excellence
- Demonstrates Initiative
- Agility and Adaptability
- Drives Execution