position requires multiple responsibilities.
first responsibility is working closely with end-users and technical analysts
to resolve Tier 1 and 2 incidents/problems, perform regular and on-demand
service delivery activities, and monitor/resolve processing exceptions by using
knowledge of the front-end system procedures and data dependencies.
second responsibility is to provide functional expertise in assigned project
roles on implementing Oracle solutions.
- Monitor and respond in a timely manner to incidents and service interruptions logged by the IT Service Center in the service management system.
- Monitor and resolveprocessing exceptions minimizing impact to business users and meeting the keycontrol requirements.
- Provide functionalexpertise for assigned project role on implementing Oracle Payroll/HRMS/OTLimplementations.
- Contribute to thesolution design, configuration, integration, testing training,knowledge-transfer activities and post-production support requirements
- Guide the team withbest business practices of the functionalities of Oracle Payroll/HRMS/OTLsolutions
- Perform servicedelivery activities following pre-defined processes/procedures includingperiod/quarter/year-end processing, table updates, hierarchy changes, etc.
- Execute scheduledmaintenance activities such as responding to system alerts.
- Execute a variety oftasks in support of acquisition migrations.
- Collaborate with and/orescalate incidents to functional/technical analysts when resolution throughfront-end does not appear evident.
- Identify opportunitiesto reduce or prevent incidents occurring such as educating/training end-users,or functional/technical changes.
- Log SRs with vendorsand coordinate diagnostics, requested actions and perform testing.
- Plan, prepare andexecute functional, and system testing and assist in issue resolution; developtest cases as required.
- Consult business andsystem analysts on end-user system practices.
- Adhere to Stantec'sSolution Delivery Framework, Incident Management, and Change Managementprocedures.
- Experience with Oracle Payroll/HRMS/OTL
- Oracle HRMS, Payroll, Timecards full-cycleimplementation experience is an asset
- Understanding of Oracle HRMS Fast Formulas
- Understanding of the functional configurationand system flows that underpin an application to deliver functionality.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skillswith a professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, timemanagement, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of end-user system practices andprocesses for a particular business domain.
- Strong system troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of ITIL (IT InfrastructureLibrary) practices.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working a team-oriented,collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following:
- Microsoft Office tools such as Word,Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Understanding internal system flows fora particular application domain
- QA testing tools such as HP QualityCenter
- Fluency in French is considered as an asset.
Qualifications &Working Conditions
- College or higher education and 7 or moreyears equivalent work experience in a relevant business domain.
- Good understanding of HR and Payrollprinciples, concepts and processes.
- Limited off hours work required to supportperiod close, year end and systems change activities .