This position is a Functional Analyst in our Technology Team, working with the business team and the Financial Systems Team. The work requires understanding current business processes and the expertise and ability to recommend well-reasoned ways of enhancing, re-architecting and improving technical solutions to support business requirements. The ideal candidate must be able to independently manage simultaneous projects, communicate effectively, and have a customer-service oriented approach.
- Fully comprehend, articulate and document existing complex, interdependent solutions across EBS and the Expedia system ecosystem
- Drive solutions to complex business problems, advocate for scalable solutions
- Assess short-term and long-term trade-offs and make solid recommendations to the business and technology teams
- Translate business requirements and technical requirements in to enduring solutions
- Provide solution leadership to a matrixed team in assessing and recommending the optimal solutions
- Work with geographically diverse locations in providing solutions for international locations
- Assess impacts of system changes and ensure effective delivery of application functionality and integration
- Design and build specifications that deliver to business objectives
- Identify and advocate for opportunities to improve current procedures, processes and systems.
- Design and develop operational workflows to provide solutions that can be supported successfully in production
- Support development and execution of roll out strategies, cut-over/transition plans, end-user training and documentation
- Provide support to our Oracle Financials user community by addressing system function anomalies, and end-user questions/ issues
- Empower end-users through instruction and functional knowledge transfer.
- Partner with onsite/ offshore development and QA team members in all phases of our project delivery, production enhancements and support
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- 6-8 years’ experience designing, implementing and supporting Oracle Financials R12 in a complex, multinational, multi GAAP environment, particularly in the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) workstream
- Oracle Release 12 (12.1.x or greater) with a minimum of 3 unique full life-cycle implementations or upgrades
- In depth knowledge of Oracle application modules - Purchasing (including iProcurement); iSupplier; E-Business Tax; Payables (including Sub Ledger Accounting) , Payments, Cash Management
- Experience with SDLC, AIM Methodology (BR100, MD050, etc.), and Agile Project Management principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced functional skills in Procure-to-Pay modules emphasizing standard functionality and the features available without extensions or customizations
- Experience in creating and performing test and use cases
- Basic SQL and Oracle RDBMS table knowledge specific to Oracle Procure-to-Pay applications
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box”
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and execution
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to travel internationally for 2-weeks at a time
- Bachelors’ Degree in Information Systems, Finance/Accounting or related required