We are currently seeking an Oracle Functional Analyst with a focus on Finance support. The successful candidate can be based in any one of our Stantec offices in the United States or Canada.
Your Key Responsibilities
This position requires multiple responsibilities: The first responsibility is working closely with end-users and technical analysts to resolve Tier 1 and 2 incidents/problems, perform regular and on-demand service delivery activities, and monitor/resolve processing exceptions by using knowledge of the front-end system procedures and data dependencies. The second responsibility is to provide functional expertise in assigned project roles on implementing Oracle solutions.
- Monitor and respond in a timely manner to incidents and service interruptions logged by the IT Service Center in the service management system.
- Monitor and resolve processing exceptions minimizing impact to business users and meeting the key control requirements.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the functional configuration and system flows that underpin an application to deliver functionality to the business.
- Keep abreast of configuration options and best practices with out-of-the-box functionality.
- Resolve functional problems effectively and efficiently working with internal technical teams, and external vendors to identify work around, root cause and fix.
- Contribute to the solution design, configuration, integration, testing, training, knowledge-transfer activities, and post-production support requirements.
- Perform service delivery activities following pre-defined processes/procedures including period/quarter/year-end processing, table updates, organization changes, etc.
- Execute scheduled maintenance activities such as responding to system alerts.
- Execute a variety of tasks in support of acquisition migrations.
- Collaborate with and/or escalate incidents to functional developers/technical analysts when resolution through front-end does not appear evident.
- Identify opportunities to reduce or prevent incidents occurring such as educating/training end-users, or functional/technical changes.
- Log service requests with vendors and coordinate diagnostics, requested actions, and perform testing.
- Execute SQL database queries to assist in data analysis.
- Plan, prepare and execute functional and system testing, assist in issue resolution; and develop test cases as required.
- Consult business and system analysts on end-user system practices.
- Proactively identify and consult on functional capabilities to improve service delivery processes.
- Analyze requirements documents and participate in requirements discussions with business stakeholder to develop and recommend functional designs.
- Research and develop proof-of-concepts to determine optimal functional designs.
- Document functional designs & configurations using Microsoft Office tools such as Sharepoint, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Collaborate with end users and/or Business analysts to flesh out requirements and plan/design solutions.
- Assess impacts of functional changes to the system, including upstream and downstream system flows; and develop appropriate unit test plans to mitigate risk of changes negatively impacting the business.
- Execute formal testing by participating in testing activities such as test case creation, execution and issue resolution.
- Work collaboratively with technical analysts to design and develop solutions requiring technical configurations and extensions.
- Adhere to Stantec's Solution Delivery Framework, Incident Management, and Change Management procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with any of the multiple functional areas in Oracle EBS (Projects, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Organizational Changes, Timecards, iExpense, etc.)
- Understanding of the functional configuration and system flows that underpin an application to deliver functionality.
- Strong customer service orientation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of data model and system flows for one or more application domains
- Understanding of end-user system practices and processes for a particular business domain.
- Strong system troubleshooting, time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) practices.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience with system development and testing methodologies and tools.
- Project management and/or project lead experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, Sharepoint and PowerPoint
- Experience with ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) and QA testing tools such as HP Quality Center
- Hands on experience with Oracle E-Business Suite in Projects or Financial modules.
- Good understanding of finance concepts and processes.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, IT, Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
Limited off hours work required to support period close, year end and systems change activities.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.