The Oracle ERP Project Manager will play a significant role in the profitability of the business, as well as in developing clients for life. Emtec Consulting Services (ECS) Project Managers are responsible for project planning, resource management, client management and financial management of all client delivery projects assigned to them. Additional responsibilities include appropriate project staffing, status reporting, risk management, and customer satisfaction. Internally, Project Managers are expected to cultivate and nurture relationships with peers, sales executives and the leadership team to ensure an effective work environment. They are also expected to create and support Emtec's professional and collaborative culture.
- Establishing and maintaining a detailed project plan for a portfolio of assigned projects, which includes defining and planning scope, activity planning, sequencing and phasing, resource planning, communication and change management planning and risk management planning
- Establishing a financial budget for a portfolio of assigned projects, monitoring and managing the financial performance of the project, accuracy of related time and expense entries, accuracy and delivery of project invoices to the client, and collection of receivables from the client.
- Managing the financial performance of the project to drive agreed upon profit margins for ECS
- Monitoring the status of the project on a continual basis and reporting progress internally as well as to client stakeholders
- Adhering to Emtec's implementation methodology, and ensuring quality and timely delivery of all in-scope project activities and deliverables, as well as managing requests for out of scope requests, change orders, etc
- Creating a positive, collaborative and professional work environment for all Emtec team members, as well as customer team members
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with Oracle Implementation Success Managers, Application Sales Managers, and other partner individuals with a vested interest in the success of the project.
- Maintaining a positive, professional relationship with Emtec clients addressing project issues in a professional manner, and promoting Emtec capabilities across all pillars
- Participation in pre-sales activities, delivering customer presentations, and project planning for proposal purposes
Must Have Skills:
- 5-10 years in a consulting environment leading and managing Oracle-based projects
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a portfolio of projects, measured by performance on scope, timeline, budget, profitability and client satisfaction
- Ability to establish rapport, trust and intimacy quickly with prospects and clients
- Ability to lead and mentor a project team in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated ability to take a proactive approach to issue and risk identification and mitigation/resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop client relationships, Oracle relationships and internal relationships with project team members, sales individuals and ECS leadership
- Oracle CEI Certified professional
- PMP Certified
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Impeccable attention to detail, with the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written