This position configures upgrades, as well as, administers, lead DBA activities, and monitors the enterprise database systems. The Database Administrator will also work closely with the Infrastructure and Applications team to design and consult on new and existing systems to optimize performance and reliability.
JOB STRUCTURE & COMMUNICATIONS:
Reports to the Oracle EBS Manager for BWXT ITG
This position communicates regularly with many internal parties; communication with external parties such as support vendors and, on rare occasions, external customers, will also occur. The types of communications will include status and progress reporting, requirements elicitation, and interactions with employees at any level to provide support for database issues.
- R12.1.3 E-Business Suite administration.
- Single Sign On administration.
- Ownership of Oracle RAC clusters, working on a variety of development and maintenance projects in coordination with project and support teams.
- Upgrade, patching and managing of Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Lead the upcoming DB upgrade and CBS upgrade projects.
- Lead vendor DBA team activities.
- Automation of day-to-day activities such as patching, cloning and enhancing monitoring.
- Securing the application components and databases at each layer.
- Troubleshooting critical issues related to performance and scaling of application and databases.
- Troubleshooting issues related to application integrations and printers.
- OS and application license management.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience with administering and supporting E-Business Suite applications.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing Single Sign On utilizing Oracle Access Manager and Oracle Internet Directory for R12.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience with multiple Oracle databases for performance critical, highly available systems on UNIX/Linux platform.
- Minimum of 12 years troubleshooting and problem-solving experience.
- Proven communication and problem-solving skills to resolve issues related to the deployment of mission-critical Oracle ERP software
- Experience in Oracle 10g/11g/12c RAC and GRID architecture, configuration, and administration.
- Minimum of 12 years with conducting performance tuning, backup/recovery, and scalability/capacity planning, in addition to SQL, PL/SQL, and UNIX shell scripting.
- Lead the DB upgrade and CBS upgrade projects along with vendor team activities.
- Experience with EBS R12.2, ADOP and Weblogic Server is desirable.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and device management
- Excellent SQL and DB performance tuning skills.
- Able to work in a time-sensitive, high-pressure environment for problem resolution within tight timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications. Able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Experience with working in environments under strict formal design and change processes.
- Knowledge of regulatory issues and requirements associated with IT systems supporting manufacturing of medical isotopes, radiopharmaceuticals, and/or medical devices is considered an asset.