Development and/or modification of procedures, programs or hardware to solve business systems problems, considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating costs and business needs. Has technical knowledge of all components of one or more operating systems or subsystems. Has technical skill and experience necessary to develop custom solutions. Works with the technical team and management to propose system strategies to support company needs.
- Assist with systems administration, database and system design, development and implementation to insure compatibility with existing Architecture;
- Design and implement next generation web and multi-tier solutions for new applications and existing web-based and client-server application with minimal assistance
- Perform system development, installation and configuration; Install system software and hardware;
- Coordinate project plans for development; develop proposals and delivery tasks/issues with minimal assistance;
- Technical and business writing; including formal/informal oral presentation;
- Design and development of standards to be maintained; Assist in developing cost models/estimates that are accurate and complete;
- Performance monitoring, capacity planning, system tuning;
- Perform testing of software from a performance perspective; Resolve critical availability problems; Monitor, analyze, and tune system parameters;
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No direct reports, but may provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Awareness of new technologies and how they could be leveraged to benefit the department, new business strategies and corporate initiatives. Experience in client server, OO and/or netcentric development. Has technical knowledge of all components of one or more operating systems or subsystems. Familiarity with network protocols, particularly TCP/IP.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Information Systems, or Accounting with information systems experience. Also required is 5-7 years Oracle EBS technical experience. Otherdegrees acceptable if there is sufficient experience and skills. Other work-related skills will be considered.
Abilities/Skills: Knowledge of system analysis and design methodologies and tools, and experience with large and complex systems. Experience with multi-system/platform program integration. Experience in and demonstrated high-level skills in the following: full-cycle Oracle EBS implementations or upgrades, hands-on Oracle application system and security administration; logical and physical applications design; technical documentation; ; networking; security; web and/or web application server administration; application and database monitoring and tuning, Unix/Linux, Web-enabling applications; Java technologies (EJB, JSP, servlet).
Key core technologies and the associated technical skills are listed below.
• Oracle EBS Application Architecture
• Oracle EBS DatabaseArchitecture
• Oracle Cloud Services
• SOA/Tibco Web Services
• ODI / Informatica
• Hyperion Essbase
• Java Framework – ADF, OAF, JSP
• SOA – Java Web Services and Tibco Web Services, SOAP, WSDL, WS-*
• Scripting – PLSQL, SQL, XML
• Databases – Oracle, SQLServer
• ETL Development
• TOAD/SQL Developer
• Oracle BI Publisher, OBIEE, OACS
• Oracle EBS Suite R12.1+ - GL, AP, AR, FA, CE, FAH, PO
• Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio
Preferred: BS in Computer Science, Experience with some or all of the following: Oracle EPM, cloud technologies, interactive Unix-based systems, OO development, change and release management methodologies.
Department: Corporate Systems
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job ID: 10801-1A