The Chief Engineer (CE) for the Global Combat Support Systems – Marine Corps (GCSS-MC) Post-Deployment Software Support (PDSS) contract will provide hands-on engineering leadership to manage and support the enterprise-wide systems integration activities.
GCSS-MC is the United States Marine Corps’ enterprise-class managed portfolio of logistics applications. GCSS-MC is provisioned using Oracle dedicated hardware, Oracle E-Business Suite, and Oracle middleware. GCSS-MC provides a full suite of always-on, globally available, reliable and scalable logistics solutions for USMC to consolidate logistics IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. GCSS-MC has been greatly customized and the customer would like to reduce customization while ensuring efficacy and availability.
The position will lead a team of engineers to provide expert engineering design support in the areas of Service Delivery, Problem Resolution, software and hardware design trade-off analysis to sustain and evolve the critical infrastructure and architecture design objectives for the Marine Corps logistics managed service capability. As the technical leader of the GCSS-MC contract, the CE is responsible for leveraging existing and identifying new partnerships with internal and external vendors/partners. This position will prepare, present and execute against annual budgets including monthly financial review and forecasting. Research and development of sustainability-related enhancements and promote sustainability initiatives with a focus on reduction of costs through reengineering. Perform other duties or responsibilities as required or assigned.
Daily Responsibilities include supporting:
- Government Chief Engineer on selecting the future LAN/WAN, firewalls, routers, switches, servers, database administration and storage systems to ensure infrastructure supports high availability.
- Must provide leadership, direction, mentoring and oversight to the engineering design and infrastructure architecture team.
- Identifies, communicates and holds staff accountable for performance expectations; monitors/appraises the job results/performance and promotes a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Manages the planning, hardware installation, configuration, optimization, operations, and ongoing maintenance of multiple GCSS-MC instances
- Oversees systems performance data collection strategy, the monitoring of equipment and manages vendor relationships during escalated severity one outages till closure.
- Responsible for capacity planning and continual assessments for process improvement to ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable to meet government standard and business/operation needs.
- Monitors ongoing practices to ensure consistency with contractual and government policies, compliance regulations and control requirements.
- Lead, develop and mentor well trained and effective team of engineering managers and individual contributor professionals to ensure the efficient operation and delivery of superior service to customers.
- Work closely with USMC Authorizing Official (AO), Deputy Commandant for Information (DC I), Headquarters Marine Corps C4, Marine Corps Cyberspace Operations Group (MCCOG), Marine Corps Systems Command (SYSCOM) and the Logistics and designated Functional Area Managers (FAMs) to ensure proper engineering discipline is implemented and followed to achieve and maintain Risk Management Framework (RMF) Authority to Operate (ATO).
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 14 years of related experience. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong knowledge in Oracle products, their lifecycles and migration paths.
- Ability to plan ahead and lead the team to execute timely to maintain within the product lifecycle support schedule.
- Understanding of Cyber Security implications, and be proactive in issue resolution.
- Strong communication and presentation skills Oracle EBS experience and integration with other Oracle products technical experience in a network operations or IT operations center.
- Directing 50 or more technical staff members.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Certification.
- ITIL v3 Expert Certification.
- IAT Level II
- Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain a Secret clearance.