We are looking for Oracle DBA for our client in Morristown, NJ
Job Title: Oracle DBA
Job Location: Morristown, NJ
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 7-9 Years of relevant experience.
- Should be able to L3 Level of activities
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Evaluate the Database Server Hardware.
- Define/Recommend/Maintain database Standards and Architecture.
- Future Release management for database/instance and Impact Analysis.
- 3rd Party Vendor Support and Interaction(including TAR and OS) and can handle Client Independently
- Should be able to mentor L1 and L2 DBAs. Should be able to diagnose clustered environment.
- Advance Database Performance Tuning Tuning Applications, Instance/Kernel Parameters and Tuning Memory.
- Usage of AWR and ADDM, translate this and suggest the improvement based on this.
- Recommend and Review Backup and Recovery Strategies using RMAN or tools.
- Knowledge of Advanced Replication, Queuing and Streams.
- Good Working experience of Installation & administration of RAC 9i, 10g (Real Application Clusters).
- Flash Recovery Features & Flash back query.
- Having experience of DR setup through various synch methods.
- Designing strategy towards Capacity Management (Growth) for DB tracks.
- Designing/Recommending Database Security Policy.
- Knowledge of Data warehousing and Other Technologies (RDBMS).
- Experience on Sun / Veritas / Microsoft Cluster. Experience with Database Migration, Installation, Upgrades and Patching.
- Experience on Golden gate and Data Guard
- Work with application team in database design and coding for performance.
- Good Knowledge of Exadata
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio).
- Abiding by Change Management, Incident management and Problem Management procedures, including complying with the Service Level Agreements
- Act on Day to Day House Keeping tasks by using tools & scripts
- To able to perform in 24 x 7 Environment in shift roaster
- To able to attend calls on-call basis whenever assigned
- Create regular reports for Management requirements.
- Good experience working on ticketing tools like Service Now, Remedy, and HP-Openview etc.