5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Oracle DBA for our client in Melbourne, FL
Job Title: Oracle DBA
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Looking for a well-rounded Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) with strong experience in Red Hat Linux operating system.
- The candidate will support multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, designing, creating and maintaining Oracle databases and migrating databases into Oracle.
- Additionally, the candidate must have a strong PostgreSQL databaseexperience for transactional databases; a minimum of 5years’ experience as primary DBA administering Oracle and Postgres databases is a must.
- Understanding of database management
- Knowledgeable in database backup/recovery, high availability, and data replication
- Creation of jobs, stored procedures, and otherdatabase activities as needed
- Control of security of the database systems and how users interact with the data
- Documentation of database processes
- Ability to plan and execute Implementations of new data related applications and systems
- Ability to review and implement new database designs based on developer requirements
- Able to complete system performance tuning and diagnostic related tasks
- System health monitoring and proactive correction of issues
- Able to work well with all disciplines on the team
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or similar discipline with5years certified DBA experience, or certified DBA (nodegree) with8-year DBA experience.
- Strong experiencewith PostgreSQL and Oracle databases.
- Strong Unix (RedHat Linux/Solaris) skills.
- Writing and debugging stored procedures.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Expertly perform all aspects of core database administration from installation to disaster recovery
Preferred Additional Skills:
- PostgreSQL to Oracle/Oracle to Postgres migration experience is a plus.
- Oracle 11.2experience a plus.
- Postgres 9.5experience a plus.