The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve’s National IT organization—a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
Responsible for computer network activities associated with the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance and security of databases in the organization. Designs, develops, modifies, tests and evaluates programs for functional areas. Analyzes existing programs, formulates requirements for new systems, performs coding and tests/debugs programs. Follows transition and system implementation plans. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Assists users in transition and implementation of new systems/programs.
What You Will Do:
- Provides high level technical support, database problem management, change management and maintenance on systems.
- Performs problem analysis for complex configurations of critical databases.
- Performs complex installation, configuration, customization and tuning. Provides input on answers to technical questions and problems while adhering to standards and procedures.
- Assists in strategic planning and database architecture and design. Makes recommendations on functional and business requirements.
- Participates in project activities and provides technical assistance for assigned projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Have the ability to adapt to our culture and learn the way we manage and support our systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 3 to 5+ years of experience
- Intermediate knowledge and work experience with:
- Installing and configuring Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
- Performing database monitoring and tuning
- Database upgrade and patching
- Backup and recovery mechanisms of Oracle
- Database security
- Database design, database packages and structures
- Intermediate to advanced work experience in SQL and PL/SQL
- Basic knowledge and work experience with Oracle CRS concepts and components
- Basic knowledge and work experience with Oracle Clusterware (CRS) concepts, administration, and troubleshooting
- Experience/knowledge in AIX/Linux systems, Unix, networking and storage
- Experience in Windows Operating System
- Basic knowledge and work experience with Data Guard is preferred
- Work experience supporting PSU/RU patching is preferred
- Work experience with OEM 13 or higher is preferred
- Work experience with CRS and RDBMS patch update application preferred
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join Federal Reserve’s National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun