We are looking for Oracle DBA for our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: Oracle DBA
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Scope of the Project:
The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects for the State of South Carolina. It is a multi-year effort to replace the State’s aging MMIS and related applications with more modern capabilities along with corresponding business operations services.
- The RMMIS ORACLE Application DBA is responsible for managing all database related technical aspects for the engineering and software development life-cycle (SDLC) for a replacement MMIS database. The project is a multi-year effort that will be one of the largest IT projects in the State. The State plans to conduct a multi-vendor design and development effort.
- Installs and configures ORACLE database software, creates data models, develops naming conventions and DB change control procedures;
- Install and configure ORACLE databases with a traditional configuration on a RedHat/ORACLE Linux server
- Manage ORACLE databasearchitecture, interconnections, and schemas for the storage and retrieval of MMIS information in a high transaction rate, mission critical 24x7 environments.
- Supportdatabase operations and work closely with application and infrastructure group for MMIS Replacement initiatives.
- Assist Enterprise Architect with overall planning needs for the database design and data modeling;
- Provide formal and/or information training in DBMS administration and maintenance, database design, analysis, and management.
- Contribute to service design and support for a service oriented architecture (SOA)-based system
- Seven or more years in a development or service administration role using the following skills:
- Oracle database11g and 12c
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform all basic database management and administration skills
- Demonstrate practical understanding of ORACLE database physical structure, overall architecture, and database performance analysis
- Strong background in database planning, scaling, and capacity planning activities
- Experience in database design and data modeling, index creation, database optimization, and performance tuning.
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycles
- Experience deploying and configuring ORACLE Data Guard, ORACLE Enterprise Manager, ORACLE Automatic Storage Management, ORACLE ACFS, ORACLE Golden Gate, and ORACLE Recovery Manager.
- Experience performing/configuring RMAN backup and recovery.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent problem solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- Experience in a healthcare insurance environment (Medicaid preferred).
- Public sector procurement experience is a plus.
- Experience with Data Warehouses and/or Data Marts
- Oracle or SQL certification
- Experience in the design and application of service-oriented architectures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or another related field is required.
- 5+ years of ORACLE database administration experience
- 5+ years of experienceworking with development teams
- Exposure to ITIL / ITSM / Managed Services / DevOps / SOA operational models